I have been gone awhile...
Stitching Progress
I have #4-12 finished. I have actually started 1-3, but haven't had much stitching time lately. I am now hoping to finish mid December.
Interesting Fact
Hurricane season "25 is officially over and left us with a very unique season. I will share what I mean in the two pictures of information.
No landfalling hurricane to the United States since 2015, but even crazier is...
We haven't had one here in the Gulf...especially along the northern Gulf Coast.
Crazy, but I will take it!
Life Lately
We have spent a good portion of our evenings in November at Fall Baseball aka "Fall Ball" and then Flag Football.
The last Thursday before Thanksgiving week was Palmer's last game and Tucker had a flag football game. Tyler had to go out of town so Jeff and I helped Lindsay out. We stopped and bought them food to eat at the ballpark because they would hardly have time to go home and change before the first game.
While Lindsay walked back and forth between the 2 fields, I took Palmer and Jeff took Tucker. Palmer was so excited to get his little medal and have pizza.
Tucker had a great play which as Jeff said, if there was an ESPN for flag football for kids, Tucker would have made the highlight reel. Lindsay, Palmer, and I arrived at his field just in time to see his side going crazy and congratulating him. He came from across the field to the other side and dove to get the flag from the opposing team and then slid on out of bounds. He saved the touchdown and they won the game. He was beyond excited.
What I did notice, but thought maybe he had eaten snacks was that he didn't eat. Tucker loves food and rarely ever turns anything down especially Chik Fila because he does not get it often.
At 9:30 that night Lindsay found out why when he threw up. That was the beginning of that wing of our family having perhaps the worst stomach bug in the history of stomach bugs. It went through them and the both ends lasted for a full 48 hours and then just incredible lethargy. I began to wonder if they would even have Thanksgiving.
It was a school holiday week, but trust me none of them had a holiday.
We did manage to NOT get it, but we have other things of concern which I will save for last.
We had to cancel family photographs, but we all were together for Thanksgiving.
Jeff ordered a craft project for the kiddos to make. Tie dye t-shirts by spraying them with paint.
They poured macaroni on and then used the paint to spray the color to them.
Even little Valerie got one made by her Mama.
Thanksgiving is always a great day. It never fails that I start to wonder if I should have decorated for Christmas before Thanksgiving like everyone else in the world seems to be doing or at least social media would have you think. I really don't care what others do, but I like keeping things like I had them growing up.
I ignored the crowd and as always when the meal is served and I sit down to rest I am glad I waited.
I have been decorating since Friday morning. I did buy my tree on Tuesday because the best tree stand arrived, but it just sat in water until Friday.
-----
All last week I wore an Auburn shirt...
I know it sounds crazy, but the last few years have not been for the faint of heart for us Auburn folks. If you grew up in Alabama as I did, you know it is just a wee bit different. I completely set myself up for heartbreak. I thought maybe just maybe since it was a home game and at Jordan Hare (remember Coach Saban says the stadium is haunted) that just maybe we could pull off a win.
Like I said I set myself up for disappointment. I got up every day last week and donned an Auburn shirt. I have an entire wardrobe of Auburn attire. I even slept in an Auburn shirt each night. I was giving them all the juice from afar to pull out a miracle. HA!
I got up yesterday and put on my Iron Bowl traditional orange and navy stripes, tiger socks and Auburn Sorelli. I pulled out the stops.
I said I would take the loss if we just stayed in the game until the end. Oh! I should have never voiced those words. More yardage on offense but lots of mistakes left me undone and saying I am never watching college football again.
I will. I do hate what has happened to it lately. I have no idea what I think about the coaching hire, but it is time to get on board anyway.
So, War Eagle!
And now on to the reason for no words from me for a while.
Lindsay's sickness of course caused her surgery to be postponed. That is twice that has happened. Nothing you can do but go with it. It is now scheduled for December 9th.
The even tougher stuff. Jeff has another bladder tumor. I just could not write ---
Surgery is in the morning in Pensacola.
The tumor is in the same location as the last one. Even though the biopsy was clear, the doctor said a cell could have remained. It is small so the surgery should be much quicker and less invasive as the last one. Thankful for those cystoscopies every 3 months.
Cherish the good moments with your family. We did get the pictures taken Friday. Haven't seen them yet, but glad we were able to get them.
Mom slid down in the shower today. She is more and more feeble daily and while her mind is good enough to get the important things done, I will say it is slipping too. She will tell a story and it is a new story made with things from at lest 3 real events. She just combines them in to a new story. It all sounds good and logical, but wow is all I can say.
I can tell you all of that wears on me. Just haven't felt like communicating. Sometimes you just need to be quiet and let God hold you which HE DOES.
One day at a time.
Don't know when I will be back. (sounds like song lyrics- I know you oldies are humming it now)
To Christmas and the birth of our Savior,
Sandy









Sandy, I wish I could give you a big hug right now. You are dealing with so much. Prayers lifted for you and your hubby. If you can give us an update.... Sounds like the boys are doing so well with their teams! You look great in your Auburn colors!! Take care of yourself while you take care of everyone else. xo
ReplyDeleteOh, Sandy... it just seems like so much is on your plate right now. I'm so sad to read about Jeff's new health problems and the decline in your mom. It's just so hard to watch our parents fail, isn't it? And the stomach bug hitting Lindsey's whole family--ugh! I do hope she can stay healthy and that the surgery goes well on the 9th. Love the macaroni shirts--so creative. And your 12 Days is growing prettier and prettier. Sending you positive thoughts and prayers. You take care now, my friend. ♥
ReplyDeleteI am sorry Lindsay's surgery was postponed, but continued prayers for her and its outcome. Praying for Jeff's surgery and I am glad it was caught sooner while it is smaller. Thinking of you and praying for your peace during these times.
ReplyDeletePraying all goes well with Jeff's surgery and thankful it was caught early. Bless your heart...you just have a lot going on all at one time. As to the Alabama win...they were lucky. I am afraid the Bulldogs will eat them alive this Saturday. I told Marvin that I cannot get to excited as Ohio State will dominate again this year. Marvin was disappointed about Tech...as he says, Tech fans are 90percent scar tissue they have been let down so many times.:) Love your Days of Christmas...beautiful!! My stitchy bug has been coming and going....
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your catch up. You have been busy..but managed to avoid the bug. Hooray but I am so sorry for your family that was so miserable. Hope everyone is 100 percent now! And way to go with your little athletes! I know that must be fun. They will be avid college football watchers soon, too! We don't watch much in the way of sports but I have to admit, you southern gals to make it sound fun!!:)
ReplyDeleteOh Sandy, I am so sorry for all of the things going on at once...it always seems to be that way. Things come in bunches...and then we pray they all go away at once and stay away. Praying all is well with Jeff's surgery. Praying for Lindsay and her surgery. Glad not everyone got the tummy bug. That is NO fun. Sorry about the way your mother is doing, but this is what happens as we age...some escape these kinds of issues, and others do not. I am praying for you as you deal with this and all the other things. May God give you grace and peace and strength for each new day. He is able. He will not let you down. Praying!!! And so glad we didn't have any hurricanes, but we do need the rain so badly here. Praying for some good solid rain without any major storms or issues. Just fill up our pond....is that too much to ask? LOL. God knows best, and I will trust Him on that too. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteYou have, indeed, had some TOUGH challenges. Your faith and good sense are still there (even if you are tempted to doubt that). LOVE the shirts with the macaroni designs! I've not seen that before!
ReplyDeleteKeeping all of you in my prayers. No matter how bad it gets, it's all temporary.....
P.S. Your Twelve Days of Christmas cross stitch is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteYou have a huge plateful of things competing for attention, Sandy. I'm hoping Jeff's surgery was a success and that he's feeling healed up by now. Praying all was caught and removed. Also praying for Lindsay's surgery - whenever it gets rescheduled. And praying for your stamina and health as you serve your family.
ReplyDeleteYour cross stitch is just beautiful, and I can't wait to see it completed. And those t-shirts are adorable. I was confused at first about the macaroni, but embiggening the pictures I could see how that worked. That is so fun! I want to try that now. :)