Friday, May 29, 2015

Foyer Table Redo

I did a foyer table redo the other day. Now that I am home more, I find more time to walk around and think about changing things up. 

This is the old version. I have had a plant on the table for a very long time. The plant that I have had in that pot has changed up many times though. The evening sun comes in the foyer, so it gets plenty of light in there. Since I love plants so much, I tend to have plants in every room, but the truth is I have never really liked a plant on that table. For one thing, it is almost too much sun in there so it grows out of control. I haven't found the right one for that table. 


I have a pot to match on a plant stand across the foyer. I love it, so I have felt obligated to keep that one there. I don't think a flower arrangement would last there. They would fade quickly, so I opted for something different and very simple.

The redo for now.


At first, I thought it was too simple, but I am liking it. Sometimes simple just speaks to me.


I am loving the time to work with plants. I have always loved to grow things.

The plants at my front entrance are making me smile.





Sandy



2 comments:

  1. Love your lyre entry table! The ledge at the front entry is perfect for your geraniums. You have such a lovely setting. Are mosquitos a problem on the bayou?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, mosquitoes can be bad at times. Not so much the water, but the lot next to us is wooded and that makes it bad for mosquitoes.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy