Friday, November 3, 2017

A Little Stitching and More

I am struggling with believing it is already November and that Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I am quite sure the person who decided to make the illustration of a  clock with wings way back when was over 50. I know it is traveling much faster these days.


I am starting to plan my Thanksgiving. I added a few things to my shopping list this week to take to the farmhouse this weekend. I have to be very organized to pull off a meal like that away from home.

It is also time to Christmas shop too. When my kids were younger they were much easier to shop for. Now, they just want big ticket items and Hubby is still a person who wants them to open lots of things. I am trying to get my mind wrapped around that as well.

I worked real hard this week on my schedule. I am working on using those small chunks of time. I put together a list of cleaning tasks that I can tackle when I have small amounts of time between seeing about others in my family. It has worked this week...now, can I get it going on a long term basis.

Mama is still puny. Better, but puny. I took her to Target yesterday but had to get her home right away. She was spent. She didn't eat much last night either. She can't afford to not eat.

I have stitched a bit this week. I pulled out my Christmas cardinals this week. I couldn't finish it for last Christmas and had just put it back. I was worried I wouldn't be motivated to finish it, but I actually tackled a good bit of this week.

I still have a ways to go. Border and lots of beading.

I am still working on the dogs for my son. I got the duck started this week.



I loved this picture of Lemony and Gus that I was able to capture on the driveway. I had been doing laundry and had the door open. I wanted to get closer, but I was afraid Gus would move.

Doing just what my big sister does. ---Gus



Have a great weekend,
Sandy

16 comments:

  1. Your cardinals are looking lovely and you made good progress with the dog piece for your son. Oh my goodness, I love the snapshot of Gus and Lemony. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just loved the photo of the dogs too. It was a perfect shot...just needed to get closer. I have been working on the cardinals today. I am getting excited about this one.

      Delete
  2. I hear you about time flying, sweet Sandy! I love your projects that you are working on. The one of the dogs steals my heart. Speaking of which...Lemony and Gus are too cute for words. Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just loved the picture of the doggies too. I wish I couldn't have gotten closer. Life is better with dogs as you well know. Far too boring otherwise:)

      Delete
  3. Those cardinals are just beautiful..the colors and the stitching. Gus and Lemony look like best friends now!! Your son is going to treasure your labor of love !! Hope your mama is feeling a bit better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been stitching all day. I was so afraid I had lost my motivation with the Christmas piece, but it came back quickly. I have to wait on a special thread and some beads to finish it from 123Stitch, but I am so close. Made a lot of progress this afternoon.

      Delete
  4. Sandy, I love your Christmas cardinals. What is the name of that pattern? I have a deep love for cardinals and would love to make that one. Your dog stitches are coming along beautifully. I have done the Golden Retriever and they are time consuming. Love little Gus and his big brother Lemony. Have a great weekend...I'm headed to the beach for one last time this year. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is from Stoney Creek Collection called Silent Night Cardinals. I ordered it from 123 Stitch. Love cardinals as well. Have fun at the beach. I actually love to walk on the beach when it is slightly cooler in the fall and spring.

      Delete
  5. I;ve been cooking Thanksgving dinner away from home (brother's) for a few years now, and you are right. it's a challenge! Make lots of lists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It takes lots of preparation!!! I am so excited to see your book. When will be able to purchase it???

      Delete
  6. Sandy, I love the mirrored pose of the dogs!! The cardinal stitch is gorgeous, I have faith you will get it done by Christmas! I used to set my phone timer for 20 mins and see how much I could get done, since you mentioned working in little time periods I went back to doing that and it is amazing how much you can accomplish in short periods. I'm so glad you mentioned that!!
    My Mom had a log cabin on a lake in the Adirondacks years ago and they were my favorite Thanksgivings, what a job to bring everything there so I know how organized you have to be but worth all the work. Great family memories. Have an enjoyable weekend! Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Mary, Thanks for your cheerful words. I have been doing that just ...using those 20 minutes. It has helped.

      Delete
  7. I've recently heard rumors of a time thief. That is the only explanation.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, I do hope your Mother is gaining back her strength! I agree time is just flying by so very fast. I did want to tell you that the Cardinals are just beautiful! I love those birds so much so colorful! I have a few little statue one throughout my home!
    So glad you are getting a list and checking them off (smiles)
    Happy Day and a Blessed Thanksgiving season Too!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roxy. Cardinals are my favorite. I have a pair that hangs out in the trees between my and my neighbors home.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy