Friday, August 3, 2018

Friday's Five Things I am Liking

I have been reading many of the Friday Fives or things that people like. I am always a bit hesitant to participate because I never want to steer anyone down the wrong path, but I am throwing caution to the wind today and sharing some things I really like. Some I actually found from others' blogs.


First up is this oil that I got from Etsy. It is basically essential oils and I have no idea if helps with keeping me from aging, but I love the way it makes my face feel. 😀
https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1354239328
It is from Simple Life Mom. I actually saw it on a blog a long time ago. I have been using it for about a year now. I think it has made my skin so soft around my eyes and mouth. I love that it is natural. A bottle lasts a year!


Chubby Stick
I use Clinique make up. I actually have since about 18. I veered away for just awhile to try Beauty Control (actually liked, but didn't like having to go through a person) and Mary Kay. Clinique works for my skin. I have dry skin probably due to a little autoimmune stuff going on in the skin region  just like the rest of my body. I have used base off and on throughout life. I am currently not wearing it. Since eating organic and getting off of all the Rheumatoid Disease medicines my skin is so clear. I just use the CHUBBY STICK for color. I LOVE IT!!!! I seriously love how it goes on so smooth.

It came in a Bonus Days bag as a sample once and I fell in love. It is much like the Cover Girl blush I used when I was first allowed to wear makeup in high school.

https://www.clinique.com/product/1593/30944/makeup/blushers/chubby-stick-cheek-colour-balm#/shade/Plumped-Up-Peony
My color is Plumped Up Peony since I am a little olive toned. Oh and I did not like the chubby eye colors though. They didn't go on my wrinkled eyelids too well. 😜


Grasshoppers
I know some of you are saying to yourself...Grasshoppers are for old ladies. Oh no!
I saw an older lady one day in the doctor's office. She was dressed so stinking cute. Her little jeans and red sweater were just so cute. IT was her shoes that grabbed me though. They made me remember grasshoppers as I am pretty sure they were the brand she had on, but they were so cute on her. I headed to Beall's (a Florida department store) and promptly bought me a pair. I then proceeded to buy two more pair and have worn them all summer. Super Comfy and I actually love the look too.
They will probably be on sale here soon. I think I can wear my navy ones right into September for Auburn ballgames.


15204W.html


Every time I wore the gray ones I got compliments.


Loft tops
I have fallen in love with Loft tops. I have found quite a few very flattering styles there. I was always a Talbots girl when I worked...probably looked like a catalog model for them. No, if they had real life models then that would be the case!!!
Lately, I am loving the tops I have found at Loft. I have an outlet close by too, so I can find some for a discounted price.
I will just show you one I like from their upcoming styles...

Both of these are new arrivals. I think this one would be good for me as I love to wear cardigans. It would be a bit of color underneath. I think florals are supposed to big this fall.


I still like a flutter sleeve. It covers a bit of the arm but is still cool. I can't worry about saggy arms. I live in Florida which requires me to still go sleeveless if I don't want to die.



Smart Her News
My fifth item is a winner!!! IF you are sick of news, but want to be informed. It is a site that I have really enjoyed.

https://smarthernews.com is a website that has snippets of news, but also allows you to dig deeper. It is set up like the journalist with their flip notebooks. You can just flip and read as much as you like. She has an Instagram feed as well, but I love to go to the actual site daily and catch up.

Well, that is 5 things I am liking right now. No running out to buy something because of me though!!! Just ideas!
Sandy

22 comments:

  1. Enjoy your blog-also retired teacher-just moved to Indy in an apartment near daughter and family-spending much time in Florida at son and family. Am enjoying hobbies such as reading and writing-adult color books-crocheting-going to attempt counted. cross stitch again after many years-I quit that when things got hectic and went to college to become a teacher in my old age...will start from scratcg with that endeavor. Love your photos! Also enjoying Bible studies and five grandkids!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you commented Brenda. I hope you love cross stitch again. I have just really gotten back into it. I need to try a little sewing for the new grandson. It is on my plans. I look forward to seeing you here more and reading your blog. I tried to get there, but I am guessing you haven't made it public yet. I will keep checking.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your 5 with us. I had never heard of Grasshoppers. Wow, so supper cute. Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just remember them from the 70's. All the little old ladies wore them back then. You know what? They were probably my age...I was just a teen who never thought she would be a little old lady. Yikes. They are cute and comfortable though.

      Delete
  3. I love your 'ideas' and will go to the Etsy store right now...I LOVE Etsy! I have a pair of Grasshoppers but haven't worn them lately. I think I'll get them out today..they are pink! Thanks for the fun! Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Etsy too. I have loved my Grasshoppers this summer.

      Delete
  4. Enjoyed reading your Friday Five, Sandy! Thanks for the mention of the shoes. I have been looking for comfortable casual shoes, so I will look into those. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will like them. They are quite comfortable as well as cute with shorts and pants.

      Delete
  5. I may go and look for a pair of Grasshoppers. They are cute. And now that I wear Clarks sandals, I guess I am an old woman.lol My skin problem is Rosacea...common in fair skinned people like me. I have used RX meds etc and nothing really seems to help. It is frustrating. I have switched to creme blush as well... I got a sample in my Ipsy bag and I ordered it from Amazon. I cannot think of the name right now but Balm is in it.lol I am old and forgetful. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have really liked the Grasshoppers. I bought the first pair and liked them so much I went back for more. They have something ortholite in the insole. Comfy. I had really dry patches around eyes and mouth in college. Went to doctor after doctor. Right after I married I had a doctor tell me quit using fingernail polish. I did and have never had the dry patches again. Lindsay went through the same thing. Neither of us wear cute fingers or toes polish which is a bummer, but we have no skin problems anymore.

      Delete
  6. My mother loved her grasshoppers, she wore them all the time. I visited the Loft and found some things I really liked, thanks for sharing the link.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those Grasshoppers are really comfy. I know why she wore them. I always let my daughter shop at the Loft, but I found I like the tops a lot. Pants not as much...old lady figure I guess:)

      Delete
  7. Sandy, I really like those shoes! I will have to be on the lookout for them. Is there a particular store that you buy them at? Those Loft tops are adorable. I feel more comfortable in flutter sleeves than sleeveless. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I buy them at Beall's which is a department store in Florida. I know you can order them, but I bet they are in department stores. Not sure what you have in your area. Beall's is a store like Dillard's or Belk?
      I don't really enjoy sleeveless either as I get older, but in Florida we all wear sleeveless so no one notices the flabby arms or if they do they ignore:)

      Delete
  8. Regarding your comments about wearing sleeveless tops here in Florida, I have been surprised at myself over the past year with what I'm wearing for comfort. So different from Colorado's summers. I've been able to maintain modest dressing, but am wearing cooler clothes (and shoes!) and it's wonderfully freeing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely all about modesty, but it is super hot. I find it hard sometimes to find sleeveless shirts that don't gap on me, but the Loft ones are pretty good. In the fall and spring, I wear cardigans over them. I wear a good many little sleeveless knit dresses to be cool as well.

      Delete
  9. Well I had never heard of Grasshoppers Sandy but will now look for them. They look really cute and comfy too. I enjoyed all of your other selections too and I'll be on the lookout for them too. Have a great week. RJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are not the only one who hasn’t heard of them. I remember them from my younger days.

      Delete
  10. I've always been a Talbots girl, too, but haven't seen much lately to my liking! Will definitely check out the Loft tops :) I don't think I've bought myself any new clothes since I retired almost a year ago!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven’t seen much at Talbot’s striking my fancy either. I have definitely not needed nearly as much post retirement. The Loft tops have seemed to be a bit more flattering and comfy over Talbots as of late.

      Delete
  11. I wanted you to know that I am reading the Smart her news online and LOVE IT! Thank you SO much for this link. I'm also asking you and Arlene if you have any suggestions for a cross stitch kit that I could get started back stitching. I don't have thread or fabric and I'm not sure I can do it any more, so do you think a kit would be the way to start? And do you have a brand you like? Thanks for your help! Hugs, Diane (I should start with a small project! heehee)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy