Friday, August 26, 2022

A Little Stitching

 I know most of the country is probably ready for fall. I am s-l-o-w-l-y getting there. I do love summer, but this past week has just been plain yucky with rain and humidity, so I may get on board with the rest of y'all soon.

My stitching shares are not saying I love summer though. I took August to do some smalls. Have I done all I want? Absolutely not! I will share what I have accomplished though.

First up is the 2 Halloween stitches. I really didn't intend to add anymore stitches to my Halloween collection, but doggone it people keep putting stuff up that is so cute. Well, you know what happens. Carol at Stitching Dreams sent me this adorable pattern that she had and it fits so perfectly my idea of Halloween. I know many don't like Halloween and that is perfectly fine. I have a nostalgic view of it and this pattern fits right in with the look I like.

First is the one Lindsay chose. I have it sitting on an easel, but she chose for me to make it to hang on a door, so it has a hanger at the top. I could not love this more. It is so cute on the gray Aida. Thanks Arlene for the perfectly dyed color. I can't wait to use it again.


Then here it is on a lighter linen.


I had planned to put some cording around the stitch, but on further thought I decided it was cute as is. I will add it to my Halloween stitches which I plan on displaying most of them together for a cute "spooky" display. There is nothing spooky in my stitches. Black cats, Casper type ghosts and jack-o-lanterns are my idea of Halloween. I will try and remember to share them all when they are together in October.

I found this cute poem in an old school book from my days in school. I think it is a lovely description of pumpkins on the vine and jack-o-lanterns.


Here is the book that it came from which is one I love to browse often.



Do y'all remember memorizing poems in school. I do and I loved it. I am nerdy like that.

I have been stitching some other stuff too. I finished the bird from the Scattered Seed Samplers subscription.  Here it is with the first one from the subscription.


Cuteness. They are pictured in the kitchen as I was trying to find any kind of light to photograph them with but they are sitting in my little craft room together. 

I have also stitched the M flor Miles's stocking to add to growing family of stockings and am hoping some linen I ordered comes in tomorrow so I can stitch his first ornament. I have it all ready to start the minute it comes in.

I had an extraordinarily tough week emotionally. I won't bore you with the details, but today I just had to do something to lighten my mood. I cleaned out my patterns and lined up things for future use. I am trying not to look at anything new coming out because seriously I have some of the most adorable patterns I want to stitch and I mean I want to stitch them badly. 

I try to write the titles down when I seen something cute and mull it over. Usually I decide I don't need it this way and that helps me get to the things that are in my possession already that are screaming for me to stitch them.

I pulled out several that I need to pass on and when my mood is better I will share some of them here for y'all to look and see if I can pass on the goodness.

Now, onto the good stuff in my life.

Only 2 for today. I have 3 amazing grandsons. It doesn't get any better, but for today I have 2 of Miles.


Could he any more relaxed in his fancy tub?



Counting blessings and hoping for an uptick in the things that wore me down this week.
Sandy



12 comments:

  1. So sweet the pictures of little Miles and the doggy too. He looks like he will be tall, with such long legs and arms! What a sweetheart! And your stitches are all so cute. Your idea of Halloween and mine are similar. I love the fun memories of trick or treating with my family as a child. My parents would dress up in funny costumes and take us around to their friends' homes in the area. We lived on a farm in the country in PA, and houses were far apart so we couldn't just walk from place to place. The people would invite us inside for warm cocoa and treats and try to 'guess who we were', etc., and it was so much fun. It was never scary or evil back then...just good clean fun. Those were the days. I hope you are feeling better and that things will settle down and be calm and peaceful for you. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also lived in the country so my Halloweens looked quite different (more like yours) than those who lived in towns. I think everything these days is overblown. We took our kids down one or two streets and it was home. They loved it and didn't think they were missing anything. That same neighborhood these days is out of control. I feel so sorry for its residents that would like a simple Halloween. Fortunately, Lindsay's little neighborhood is much nicer and more reasonable.
      Miles does seem like he is tall.

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, that child in that tub!! I have never seen a tub like that. Genius!! He is adorable, but I don't need to tell you that!! I liked seeing your birds and Halloween stitches! Enjoy those boys, Sandy!! Happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That tub is like modern science status. It tells the water temp and I think his weight. Good grief...far cry from the sink for us:) He is growing and changing daily though.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness, those pictures of Miles are so precious. Sandy, your Halloween finishes are sweet. Well done! Your bird finish looks lovely as well. I hope you have a peaceful weekend. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was just a tough week with Mama and when I get stressed that RA acts up. I have been resting and doing things to fill my tank today. Miles is growing and changing each day.

      Delete
  4. I love your Halloween pieces Sandy! It is amazing how different fabrics can work with a single chart. Like you I like the old retro Halloween things, nothing wild and scary. I loved that poem. I think children should memorize poems...they are so enriching. I love the stitches with your Longaberger basket...looks so pretty. And that Miles...what a cutie. Hope this week is better for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think anyone memorizes poems anymore, but I think it is a good thing. I remember having to do it and Bible verses as well. I really like both stitches, but I think I like the gray one the best.

      Delete
  5. Oh... how sweet is Miles. The tub picture is too cute. I love your bird stitches, and the views of the old books. I do love old children's books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a weakness for old books. I can hardly pass them up.

      Delete
  6. I'm so glad you enjoyed stitching that little Halloween piece, Sandy--it really is darling! Both finishes are so cute and I'm sure Lindsay loves hers. Love the poem and the vintage illustrations--so sweet. Both bird pieces are lovely and that Miles is oh-so-darling in his fancy tub! Amazing how many fancy things they have for infants these days... how did our kids ever survive--ha ha! Hope you are feeling better this week...♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol. I will pass along the stitch to someone else to enjoy. The equipment these kiddos have today for babies is quite extraordinary. We didn't know we needed it though.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy