Thursday, February 9, 2023

A Stitching Post

 I finished my second Christmas ornament for the year. 


Again,  I used up some leftover ends of linen to do part of this pattern.



I chose not to complete this pattern after starting it to keep the ornament smaller. I love these patterns and have seen them used in so many ways, and maybe one day I will do some of those things I have seen. I just chose not to go to big with the ornaments.

Here it is all finished up.



It has joined the other one for the time being. I think the next month's selection is going to be a bright and cheery one.





Now, it is time to pull out The Shepherd's Song for the remainder of the month. It is coming along. I finished the big house in the center. I still have a few more windows to install, but those shouldn't take too long and then I can get back to the sheep and flowers. Each time I pull this out I start humming in my head the old hymn, "Surely goodness and mercy, shall follow me -all the days, all the days of my life."


My days are filled with this goodness...


I do have a little color. I brought these into the garage over the deep freeze at Christmas, so they have lived to give me some joy.


I typically plant white pansies, so they will look good at Christmas, but after Ian there were no pansies anywhere for weeks. I was thinking I might not have anything in my pots and then orange and only orange showed up. I think I love them! May not go back to white next year. 

My other 2 little pumpkins playing in the Jeep that Santa brought.


That's it here in my little neck of the woods. 
Sandy




10 comments:

  1. I don't know how you find time to do stitching when you are watching your little ones! You are amazing! Those boys are all so cute and full of life and joy. I do love your potted pansies. They are bright and cheerful! I need to get some spring flowers going somewhere out there! I think the frosts are over, although I hear it is going to get cold again next week. Maybe not THAT cold. I am ready for spring...but I hope we don't skip over it and have summer too early! So glad you are back to blogging again! Oh, and I love that song too..."Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days, all the days of my life..." happy song. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ornament looks wonderful! The Shepherd's Song that you are making is so beautiful. You must have a lot of patience. The children are so happy and sweet! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stitching is my go to in the evenings. It is actually very relaxing. I am so blessed to have my grandchildren so close to me. They are a lot of fun although tiring:)

      Delete
  3. Those kiddos are so darn cute!! I just love the The Shepherd's Song project. Beautiful. Can't wait to see it finished. You really do such great work. Happy weekend, my friend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to make Christmas ornaments through the year. I like those. And The Shepherd's Song is looking beautiful. Love the pictures of the boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your ornament is darling, Sandy. Well done on getting February's out of the way. The Shepherd's Song piece is looking awesome. You have made good progress on it. Your grandsons are so adorable. Really like the orange pansies! Perhaps a mix of white and orange next time! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring is trying to show up here in Florida and your flowers are great, as always. Love the oranges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the stitches, the flowers and the boys!! I plan to spend the day kitting up some projects!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandy: Both ornaments are so sweet, I like that you left some of the design off, it looks better as a small ornament.
    The Shepherds Song is a beautiful design.
    You are so lucky to have saved your plants, they are beautiful, and I think Gus feels the same way.
    Love the boys so adorable.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your latest ornament is darling, Sandy--and what a good idea to stitch just part of it to make it a bit smaller. Your flowers are so pretty--I say keep this bright spot of January color! And those sweet boys--they just get cuter and cuter. You've given all three such a wonderful start in life with your loving care--something that your kids will always remember and be thankful for, I'm sure! ♥

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy