Thursday, October 17, 2024

Fall and being 6

Fall arrived yesterday.  I thought I was ready --- if nothing else to calm the tropical weather down, but when it arrived I was like Brrr. I know everyone else is loving it, so I am going to do my best to play along. The orange pansies and the violets have been planted, so yes, fall is here.

Jeff and I went to Auburn this past weekend. I ended up with a nasty cold which Jeff got after me, so I haven't felt like doing much other than the necessities, but today felt like I was back to almost normal. I am going to try and get my blog mojo back for a weekly Thursday post. We will see if that happens:)

I took absolutely no pictures in Auburn. I was already feeling bad but I did enjoy the trip. I probably was able to rest there more than I would have done here at home. Lindsay took the boys over to see Mom and eat lunch with her on the Saturday we were gone, so that was a big help. Mom loved having them in the dining room to show off and they played putt golf outside.


Jeff and I shopped downtown Auburn for the boys some Auburn apparel for Christmas, ate brunch and a mid lunch/supper at two of the really old places we love there and then took a long walk in a city park with Gus. No pictures to prove any of it. What kind of blogger am I?

On Monday we watched Tucker and Palmer since it was a teacher workday. We took them on our little hike and ate a snack at the end. I don't know if you can tell, but Gus is leading the way. By the way, the woods in Auburn are so different than the woods here. I love both though.




The boys enjoyed themselves. Miles went to school with his mommy that day.


Lindsay and her friend decided to dress up and take each other's family photos. I think they did an excellent job. This was one of my favorites.


Actually they were all good and a lot cheaper. The phones these days are amazing. 

Tucker turned 6 this week. I am seriously wondering how to slow down the days. I mean I just held him in my arms just a bit ago.

Being a grandmother is just amazing. Jeff, Miles and I went to eat lunch with him at school today. I couldn't get over how different things were than when I retired just 10 years ago. Lots more security which is a good thing.


Tucker is loving kindergarten and the social being that he is I was not surprised at how many kids said hello to him or that he said hello to. Tucker and Miles are more alike on that trait than Tucker and Palmer. Fun was had by us all and sweaters were worn to stay warm. I have no idea why but the first cold days always seem so much colder than they will in a week or so.

The moon on the water was brilliant last night.

The fall sunrises are the absolute best. I have shared a few in stories on Instagram. I get up and immediately look out to catch all the color each morning.

I really don't have all that much exciting to share, but I thought I would mark 6 years as a grandma. Tucker named me "Mimi." 

Happy fall y'all,

Sandy

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful! I love "Mimi" as a name for Grandma! It's really sweet and personal. Amazing your sweet grandson is 6 already! Time sure flies! And look at the others coming up behind him! What fun you are having and will continue to have! Sorry to hear about the colds. Hope you are both feeling better by now. I love seeing the boys playing Putt Putt with your Mother. I know she was thrilled to have them come visit her. I am loving this fall weather! It feels SO good, and yes we are wearing our flannel shirts and/or hoodies when we go out...the wind was rather brisk today! But I am not complaining! It's so refreshing after those storms.
    Hope you have a lovely rest of your week. I enjoyed reading and catching up with you! Take care!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy