Wednesday, August 1, 2018

A Little More of the Vacation Home

I have spent a few days in Auburn taking care of business and just recharging my battery.

I thought I would share the remainder of the Auburn house in two parts.

For the first part we will revisit some of the areas from the other day's main rooms and part of the outside tour.

I styled the built ins, added an area rug, and painted the coffee table and side table.

First is a glimpse of the area rug and painted coffee table.



The painted tables worked out wonderfully. We kept the tops as they were. This matches the dining room table now which is visible from the couch. This will also make them more durable.



The area rug is a greige color. Remember that word... part gray and part beige. Depending on the light is the tone you get more of. I couldn't love it more. The only thing that worries me is the amount of white with dogs.

Now, for the opposite wall. You can see the other side table. I ended up putting the lamp there after all. I decided it would work. If it bugs me it can go on the change later list, but it is just a vacation home so I am not after perfection. I added a little stitching lamp next to the right side.



Then there is the bookcase. I will leave books as I read them and fill it in as we go. I left blank spaces because I didn't want to buy anything. Just shopped my closets.

My grandma's dough bowl is calling for some stitched goodies.
I added some family photos that we took at the lake.

Here is where the Serenity sign landed as well as another bowl that belonged to my grandma.


The fireplace wall. I do want to add some barley twist candlesticks from Sweet Home Antiques and light gray candles from Everyday Occasions.


Here is the side of the house and back that I didn't show last time.

First up the other side which is the driveway.
This is looking back to the street.



A close up of the raised garden bed. Can't believe it has survived.


The driveway then curves to the garage.




To the other side of the garage are the two side patio areas which are wonderful. The neighbor feeds the birds. There are so many. I think I saw the biggest cardinal ever getting himself food. It is really quiet on that side of the house with lots of trees, so they feel comfortable. It drives Gus a bit nutty.

We are going to add a fencing closing in the side and back so the doggies will have some running space.

I will leave you with Lemony and Lucy. They sort of helped me while I put out the pine straw. Of course, Gus is tied up. I don't have to worry about Lemony wandering off, but she will greet anyone who walks by because she is Miss Congeniality. Gus is very sweet too, but as a Springer he will run all over the place. Fortunately we were alone.



Stay tuned for the bedrooms,
Sandy


5 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing updated photos, Sandy! The living room is so inviting. I like the addition of the area rug. The painted tables look great. The raised garden looked very lush as does the yard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple strong you did on the built ins. It really helps to let the eye rest instead of trying to take in a lot of things. I have to remind myself of this at Grimmwood. This is my peaceful place and no use filling it up with Stuff. lol You are going to really enjoy your time there. How long does it take you to drive there from home?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, what sweet company your puppies are! My Mister and I sometimes talk about getting a vacation home but we haven't made that step yet. Yours is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful, Sandy. I felt like I went on vacation looking at your pictures. Have a great rest of your week. Please tell Lemony and Lucy I said hello. :-) Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! Oh, I will tell them. They are quite a duo. They bring lots of joy!

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy