Monday, June 23, 2014

The beginning of summer...

Well, getting out of school was just like always....busy, busy busy!

Two birthdays right out of the starting gate, but I promised myself a morning on the beach for my first official morning of retirement.


My view for a couple of hours.


Then, it was home to bake a cake.
Hubby had his usual...the yellow cake with the chocolate frosting.



The cake is made with a box, but the frosting is a family recipe from my mom and mom-in-law. Both had the same recipe for the most incredible frosting ever. It hardens like a candy almost. Melt in your mouth goodness.

I made many small layers, to get the best use of the frosting. And let me just say, the cake mix shown above is the ONLY cake mix to be used with this frosting. No other cake mix will do. Trust me on this one.


June 10


And we are off... 

next up, my son's birthday.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy