Friday, September 8, 2017

A Little Progress

I am popping in for a quick post this morning. As Florida awaits Irma, I have found myself quite tense all week. It is not expected to hit here as we are on the panhandle of Florida along the Gulf coast.

I will NOT relax though until it makes this expected turn. Ivan was on a similar path and didn't turn. I have done all the preps I can, so it is just time to sit back and pray.

I can't wish a hurricane on my worst enemy.

With that said, I have been busy cleaning some areas of the home more than stitching this week.
I did finally get into the sewing room yesterday to work on my fall smalls finishes.

I have them all sewn together. Today I plan to stuff and embellish. I have some cute little fall charms that I may use on some of them.

Here is what I have done thus far.


Did you see little Gus's legs in the corner. He stays by my side. My pal already. Lemony was sunning outside or taking a break from Gus.


The weather has been amazing the last two days. I honestly don't ever remember it cooling down this early in September. That usually is saved for the last week of the month.

I will take it. 

Praying for Florida,
Sandy

11 comments:

  1. I pray that Irma makes a turn and goes out to sea, I can only imagine how frightening it is to experience such a storm of such magnitude. Stay safe and keep us updated.

    YOur finishes are all adorable, I'm especially fond of the sunflower finish. Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. Hopefully this storm will weaken.

      Delete
  2. I really like what you have accomplished so far with your autumn finishes, Sandy. I continue to pray that Irma turns back out to sea along with lessens in intensity. Will be thinking of you and the rest of Florida this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. Hoping the storm will weaken soon.

      Delete
  3. Oh, Sandy, each of these smalls looks so pretty! I love the fabrics you have chosen to complement them! You have the eye of an artist, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I filled them all today. I am always hard on myself. I don't think I will put them in a basket together but scatter around with my other stuff. The pumpkins turned out cute.

      Delete
  4. Sandy, I remember how stressful it was when we lived in FL waiting for a storm to hit - even if we were in the outskirts! I will keep you in my prayers. I am glued to the weather channel. On another note.. your needlework looks lovely. You are so talented. Love your sidekick too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Katie. I am going to try and get mind on other things today. I am as prepped as I can be, so I need to focus on something else today. We need those prayers down here.

      Delete
  5. First things first...your smalls are adorable. I am hoping to do a bit of decorating this week. We just got home from GA and we saw so many Florida cars on the road. Thankfully it seems Irma weakened as she rode up Florida. We expect to get some wind and rain here tomorrow. Marvin and I are praying all is good at Gulf Shores as we leave on Saturday for our week at the beach. I will email you about getting together while we are there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Arlene. I finally stuffed them and will share sometime this week. So glad the storm is almost over. It has been some tense days around here wondering if it would ever make that turn. I don't want to wish it on anyone, but always pray for them to weaken. I hope we can get together next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love them all Sandy. You did a wonderful job...just perfect. RJ

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy