Wednesday, February 7, 2018

A Cross Stitch Finish

I finished my Spring cross stitch piece. The pattern is from Little House Needleworks and a monochromatic using Classic Colorworks "Weathered Vine." The color was the suggested green color and was kitted in the pattern. I must have used more of the color along the way because I had to order a second skein. The second skein seemed darker than the first, so that bothered me a tad bit. The bottom border has some darker in it than the rest. I also got off count on the house and had to change the windows. I made the mistake because I started the house at the bottom and then on a whim went to the top and decided to work down. I didn't pay attention to what I was doing and stitched quite a bit wrong, so I was NOT pulling it all out. I just redesigned it.

I guess the other thing I am not completely happy about is the color overall. I wish it were brighter. When I put it next to my fabric stash it seemed a little too olive. When I get ready to do summer, I will check that color.



I have no clue how I am going to finish it yet.

Now, back to Betsy's Tart.

Stitching along,
Sandy

8 comments:

  1. I was going to say that I love the colors...muted and old fashioned looking. It would be pretty with the Prims I like. Enjoy your day! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane, but you have me totally stumped. What are Prims? I must know...it will drive me crazy.
      I think it was supposed to be muted and old fashioned. I had just seen it done and they did it with a lighter color and I think that was what threw me.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your finish! I look forward to seeing what you come up with for its finished finish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am leaning towards a pillow right now, but that could change on a dime.

      Delete
  3. I think that the difference in thread color works fine since it's on the border. I know how frustrating it is when the color lots are so different. The stitch is lovely. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with to finish it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary. I rarely use my Kindke either. I do have the app on my phone and I finished my book at Mother’s doctor appointment, so I started a book that my son downloaded. We share an account. I then had to finish it.

      Delete
  4. I am often frustrated with the variegated flosses....DMC is more reliable. I do enjoy Colour and Cotton however. I just changed the colors on the March cottage. I stitched a few letters and I just did not like the color. Live and learn, even with stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the color will change how I thought I might finish it. I have time to think on it for sure. I still may try a smaller version of summer. Yikes!

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy