Monday, February 5, 2018

Finishing Those Random Thoughts

Good Monday morning. Her is a little more of what was on my mind last week and didn't have time to type.

This baby is beautiful.

Mother has been a little off keel the last couple of weeks, so I am definitely spending more time with her. I think she is fine and will recover. She gets a little down sometimes and while she has been sick, some of it is just feeling blue. Thanks for the kind thoughts last week.

I have been pondering my blog header. Not nearly enough to make a change with it, because I have actually been thinking about it for months. It seems the photo header is not in vogue these days. I am not really one to get too worked up about that, but mine is definitely old and I need to update it even if I just do new photos. My favorites are actually the ones with the avatars. Is that the right term? For instance, this one...



However, I am a kind of do it yourself person. In other words, I am not really wanting to spend money on the blog.

I am going to think longer. We will see if it ever changes.

I am trying to finish up my indoor list of things I wanted to do in January. That means a little touch up trim painting this week. The sun is shining though and if it warms up like it did yesterday, I might not finish my list. Outdoors and my rose bed is calling. I always prune my roses on February 12th. The goal is to get the repair list finished so I can wander outside next week.



Which brings me to my other thing that I was going to share. List making.

I love lists. They keep me a tad bit more focused. I love crossing things off. Here are some lists I made last year that I really liked. BTW, all of my lists are kept in my planner. Another necessity for me. If it isn't written on the planner, it will not be remembered.

I kept a list of books I read last year. When I looked through, I realized I had read quite a bit. Now, I pretty much read all the time. I am a researcher. If something pops up that I want the answer for I look it up. I love the Internet for that very reason. I was the queen of using an encyclopedia in my youth.

I am keeping up with that one this year, but adding a new one related. I am keeping a list of books that people mention that I want. I am so bad about buying it immediately and then not reading it all or at least for a long time. It could be in the library by the time I read it, so I would save money.

I am keeping a monthly house needs list. I didn't get all of January done, but I actually got a lot done.

I have a chart for the last 10 pounds of weight I need to lose. I am hoping that listing it will work on a harder topic. I am back in earnest working on those 10 pounds. The real strict diet is in action. I eat a strict diet, but even with that I have allowed myself to partake in some gluten free things that you want lose weight eating. Nature Made makes a fig bar that is sinful and UDI makes a fantastic pizza crust. Anyway, my chart includes the date I drop 2 pounds and some serious stars around it. Kid here.

I have also got a list going with wardrobe needs. I need a few things to fill in with but I am looking for the best purchase not the quickest purchase.

Super Bowl...It was on and the kids all came over for the first half. We ate, they talked, and I cross stitched and listened. I made quite a bit of progress on Betsy's Tart. I should have plenty to share at the end of the week.

Off to finish my Monday chores.
Sandy


17 comments:

  1. It sounds like the perfect Superbowl eve. I love to make lists too. By the time I finish them, I'm too tired to do any of the items on the list. Enjoy your week, dear Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The making of lists is always more fun than the actual doing! I totally understand:)

      Delete
  2. I am another list maker. I love marking things off my list. Your Christmas cactus is gorgeous. Enjoy your Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your mom starts feeling better soon Sandy. I know that is a burden on your heart. I make lists now because I have to in order to get anything done. My old lists were just to jog my memory...time changes all things. Ten pounds off would be great here as well. I ordered two books from Amazon and they should be here today. One of them is by the author of The Library at the End of the World. She and her husband renovated an old cottage in Ireland. I had to give it a try. I am working on Smoky Mountain Christmas this afternoon. Santa is now finished except for some back stitching, Now to get to the sleigh. Kathy Haberman at Hands on Design.biz has a new free chart on her blog tomorrow in honor of her 30th wedding anniversary. I stitched one of her freebies yesterday all in one sitting. Football Sundays are good for stitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been a stitching girl the past couple of days. I think when you get far along and things are going smoothly on a project you get a bit more motivated. I only have the bottom border on Spring and I made quite a bit of progress on Betsy's Tart yesterday. To be so small, she has a lot of stitches.
      I have been reading too. I am reading Come Rain or Come Shine now along with a book for church.

      Delete
  4. I sure hope your Mother feels better soon too. And I like to change my header and do it pretty often. I just take a photo and resize it to the correct size and go with it. Yours is nice and I like it a lot! Enjoy your week and the nice weather we're having! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am hoping she pops out of all this droopiness soon. I worry she is getting weaker. Hard to watch them age.

      Delete
  5. Hope your mom and husband are feeling better soon. Personally I prefer the picture headers. I always feel more welcomed and part of the bloggers world. I think the exception would be historic and homey artwork. But, Sandy, if you switch it out with something that makes you happy I know it will be just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the picture headers too. It seems they have kind of fallen out of favor these days. I made the one I have and previous ones with PicMonkey and back in the old days with Picaso on Google, but PicMonkey isn't as free as it once was. One of these nights when I can't fall asleep I will work on it.

      Delete
  6. Hi Sandy! I love to keep lists as well, and always have one or two going at the same time. I think it helps to keep our mind more focused on what we need to do. I like to think about things as well, and research them too. Losing weight is a tough one for sure, it seems the more the years pass, the harder it is to lose those extra pounds. I like your approach though :) I enjoyed visiting your blog today, and also wanted to say how much I love the blooms on your Christmas cactus! Mine bloomed at Halloween this year, and it was so pretty to look at. I hope you have a lovely week ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Marilyn, thanks for your kind words. I have always wanted a Christmas cactus, so this one I bought before Christmas. The key is now can I make it bloom again next year. I think it likes the location, but I need to read more about how to take care of them.

      Delete
  7. Hi Sandy! I'm a big time list maker too. People that don't make them ... just don't understand. I love the feeling of being organized and I like to plan ahead even if I don't get everything on the list done.

    I've been wanting to change our header too but I'm afraid if I delete it and the next one doesn't work we won't have a header at all! RJ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know your fear. I made my current header and those before with PicMonkey, but they have changed a lot of their stuff so that isn't free anymore. I haven't had as much luck. I really like pictures in them and would like to change it out more often, but the truth is I need some time to waste fiddling with it.

      Delete
  8. I hope your Mom is feeling better soon. It's rewarding to cross off your accomplishments on your list. I wish I could listen to books and stitch at the same time, does not work for me. Have you been able to do that? I used to be a more avid reader before I started stitching and miss it. Not enough time in the day to do it all. Good luck on losing the last 10...I'm looking forward to nicer weather so I can walk more.
    Isn't it amazing how the Christmas cactus blooms each year for Christmas? I love those plants, one of the few that survive my black thumb! Yours is stunning with all the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not really tried the audio books, but I have heard others raving about it. I need to try one. I am just a lover of the book in my hand, so I don't know...? It is hard to find time for all the things I WANT to do:)

      Delete
    2. Sandy, I bought a kindle and cannot use it, I have to have a book in my hand too! I agree, it's so hard to find time for everything!!

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy