Friday, March 16, 2018

Chicken Delight Paprika

I have an extensive collection of cookbooks. Maybe an obsession would be a better choice or words.

Either way, I love them and from time to time browse through one to find something new to cook.

One of my favorites is a hometown cookbook from the Brewton, Alabama Civic League. It has the most wonderful breakfast casserole that I use and get rave reviews each time I use it for a brunch or church function.

One of my favorite things about this cookbook is finding a recipe from someone I remember growing up. That is what happened one night when I was looking for a new way to cook chicken.

I was flipping pages when I came across this...




It was by a mother of one of my classmates. It sounded so easy. I will be honest...I thought it would probably be bland, but needed a fresh idea that evening.

It has turned out to be a winner. Very tender and actually lots of flavor.

If you are looking for a quick and easy prep during the week this is an idea.

I am sharing a couple of pics of cooking and then our plates.



As you can see I used onions instead of mushrooms. I detest mushrooms! Onions work much better for me.

I have cooked it a couple of times. The trick according to Hubby is not to let all the juice cook out before putting it in the oven because he likes a little more stuff to pour over it especially if I serve with rice or potatoes. You can always mix up a bit more butter and wine to pour over it.

OH and very important!!!! I put California Style Garlic Salt on everything, so that was added to mine. If you haven't tried it, you simply must.


This is what it looks like out of the oven.


Hubby's plate on the left and mine on the right. I don't like corn. He doesn't like broccoli.
We even eat two different brands of ketchup. That is a long story.

Opposites attract you know!!


Have a great weekend all,
Sandy



7 comments:

  1. It looks super, Sandy! I'll take two to go, please. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious.

    I would expect a retired Home Ec teacher to have a lot of cookbooks...

    I'm wondering what is the difference between California style garlic salt and any other kind.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The list of ingredients doesn't seem to make anything special (California style garlic salt), but it is quite tasty. It says it has some sugar, corn starch, and carrot. Who knows?

      Delete
  3. That looks so tasty, Sandy! I just love those old school/church/community cookbooks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy! I don't know how I missed this but I'm glad I saw it today. I'm always looking for something new to serve for dinner. Beef is not tasting good to my husband right now and he always wants chicken so you can count on me trying this recipe out. Thanks. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just printed the recipe. What a great swap out. I love mushrooms, but they don’t love me. Happily onions and I are besties. There is no white wine in my house , but I do have chicken stock. Surely I’ve got some bone in chicken somewhere. That bone makes a WORLD of difference. Sandy, thanks for the recipe. Judy

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy