Friday, March 8, 2019

No Catchy Title

I need a name for those posts -where I'm in the mood to write my brain's rambling thoughts. Arlene from Nanaland calls it "The Stream." I love that one. Amanda from Dixie Delights calls them "Musings. I like that one too.
I have not been able to come up with one that is catchy. If I used my last name, I could call them "_________'s Ponderings" and have a little alliteration.

So with no name for the unloading of my thoughts, let's pour them out anyway.

I've been rereading Everyday Holy by Melanie Shankle, because it is just that good. Yesterday's beginning verse was from Judges 6:12. "When the angel of the Lord appeared to Gideon, he said, 'The Lord is with you, mighty warrior.'" The devotional titled Unlikely Warriors is about Gideon being chosen by God to deliver the Israelites from Midian. Gideon is anything but a warrior, and  actually hiding when the angel visits.

Gideon feels ill equipped, but God sees what we can't see.

Two of the quotes from Melanie Shankle that resonated with me were.
"I see all of my fears and insecurities and worries and just general yuck, but He looks at me and sees something entirely different. He sees something He can use for His plans and purposes."
AND...
"I want to listen for His voice and see more of what He sees because He knows to look at the part of us where we see nothing and He sees a mighty warrior."

Last week, I was thinking that maybe I was too old to work with the elementary age kids at church. I don't know if I mentioned that I changed from preschool where I have been working for the last decade back to elementary age. I have the girls in grades 4 and 5. I would have said that was my sweet spot, but then I started and felt a little inadequate. This past Sunday we had a meeting after church with all the leaders in elementary ages from all services. I began to listen to others and realized most of us feel that way. I will leave it at I was very convicted to stay the course and keep at it.

I watched Saltbox Stitcher on Youtube yesterday. It took me three sittings to watch it as she always does really long ones and there is no way I have time to sit for an hour and eleven minutes at one time. I really love her and Marlene at Stitching by the Lake. I would say they are my favorites. Not sure why, but they are.
Carol of Saltbox Stitcher stitches one at at time mostly like me. She cracked me up yesterday discussing "Serious WIPE" which is what she titled the episode. WIPE stands for Works in Progress Envy. Yep, that would be me at times. There is so much out there that you think you absolutely must start that one.

On stitching thoughts I have one to share and one pondering.

I think this is very helpful.

Found on Pinterest

I also have been branching out and trying new things, but I am learning that when you do you will have some successes AND failures from which to learn. Case in point, that when you use smaller count linen and only one strand of thread that the colors don't always act like they did when they were on larger count and 2 strands of floss.

I was stitching last night and got to that troubling point. I am thinking I can salvage the progress but may have to rip out some and choose a different color. That is hard to know with just laying the floss across the linen.

I ended up laying my stitching down and reading.

Onto reading.
I am a regular reader of multiple books at one time. I actually have two going at the moment. They are all nonfiction, but I am about to finish up some and read me a good old novel. When I start a novel I rarely read anything else at the same time.

I just finished a book by Phil Robertson, The Theft of America's Soul. I found it to be an easy read and quite good. I loved his illustration he uses to share the gospel with others.



Here is the explanation from the book.




I am also reading Sacred Pace by Terry Looper.  What can I say?! I am a reader of nonfiction.

Don't knock it until you try it!

I have gone on long enough and need to get busy, so I will save my whole long epiphany of magazines for another post.

I took this picture this morning.


Grateful for a sunrise. 

Also, I have been a little burdened by a post I did a couple of weeks ago. I hope I never come off as arrogant or haughty. I am struggling with this blogging thing as of late. 

Sandy