Sunday, June 23, 2019

Lizzie Kate's Things Unseen

I completed Lizzie Kate's Things Unseen Mystery Sampler. The pattern was divided into three parts. 
I truly love it. The colors are amazing together.

I used all the called for colors which were by Weeks Dye Works. I came away with two new favorite colors --- Spanish Moss (which is the truest color for Spanish moss I have ever seen) and Boysenberry. Oh and I liked the color Straw. I simply must use those colors again.

I did not use the called for linen. It called for 32 count Wren linen or at least 28 count. I ended up using a 36 count I believe cream Edinburgh linen. 

I started this on the 32 count linen and I just wasn't loving it. I knew this was a stitch I needed to love, so I stopped and debated going to 28 count or 36 count. I ended up with 36 count using one thread over two. It is a bit more mellow I think than the 32 count stitch. 

Anyway, I love so that is what matters. Let me share more.



I had originally planned to make a quilted wall hanging from this because it comes with an embellishment pack with beads and buttons. This fabric was going to be my choice of border, but...


stitching it on 36 count has made the buttons just not feel right to me, and



the directions were very unclear about all of the items in the kit. The large rose buttons are in their charted places below as well as the buttons around the pot of flowers. I am just not feeling it, but no despairing as I have a new plan.


The pattern came with two extra patterns. One a small pin pillow and the other a long narrow pattern with a quote. 

I am going to stitch those patterns into three small pillows since I love love love the colors.
I will use the buttons and beads in those pillows. It never shows the beads at all in the pattern cover or any of the directions, but they are really pretty. I think all of it will be just perfect with the pillows and I can use the fabric to trim them. A win all the way around as I see it.


The sampler will head to the framer's after all. 
My plan is for this to go in a bedroom at the Auburn house. 

When you finish a large piece it gives you such a feeling of accomplishment. I know while I was doing it I felt it was taking so long, but it was worth it in hindsight.

Such a wonderful sentiment too to gaze upon and think about,
Sandy

10 comments:

  1. Sandy, congratulations on your LK finish. It looks fabulous. I will have to check out the colors you specifically mentioned. I think the enclosed buttons are too big for your fabric since you went with 36 count. Frankly, I think they detract from the stitching so I am glad you have decided not to use them on the bigger piece, but on the little pillows. I can't wait to see what you pick for frame molding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful Sandy. I love stitching with one thread...it just looks so much neater. Isn't that a Helen Keller quote? It seems that I wrote in in my "quotes" book and attributed it to her. But I am an old woman and could be wrong.lol Cant wait to see them in the Auburn house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's a great sampler, I'm looking forward to your finish.
    Have a nice week, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy: Really is a beautiful design, I am loving the colors.
    I hope you share the finished pillows with us.
    Have a great week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Sandy, I just love this. I’ve enjoyed watching your progress and am thrilled for you! Looking forward to seeing it framed as well as the little pillows. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really is beautiful. You did a wonderful job on it and I think your plan for the pillows is just right. I actually started a very simple cross stitch baby sampler for a gift this past week. It feels good to pick it up again. I think maybe I'm ready to get back to cross stitch on a more regular basis, but we will see. Thanks for sharing this beautiful project with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! What a great finish, Sandy... absolutely love everything about it--especially the sentiment and those lovely colors. Don't you love stitching with just one thread? I can hardly stand using two threads anymore I've gotten so used to one. I do think stitching looks neater with just one. I look forward to seeing how you use the buttons on the two little pillows and I can't wait to see this one all framed up :) Enjoy these last days of June!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Sandy,
    a great finish. A wonderful sampler. I like it very much.
    I'm looking forward to the finish frame.
    Have a nice week. Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love Lizzie Kate's designs!

    Thanks for the chuckle you gave me via email regarding Hank Heron. Beloved and I both like that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love this LK stitch Sandy. This is gorgeous. Your stitching is so pretty and this is going to be an awesome finish. RJ

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy