Monday, June 3, 2019

Yes, I Will

This is not my usual weekend wrap up post. One of those will probably come in some form or fashion later as Tucker takes a nap one day and I have a bit of time. I have a fun dog story to share.

Today however is part of an email I shared with my small group earlier today. I decided to share it with the blog too.

Yesterday at church the second song just really captured my attention. I had not heard it before and texted our music guy this morning asking for the name of the song. I am putting a video link of the actual group who sings it with the lyrics that I found on Youtube.
I was so taken with the song and felt the Holy Spirit talking to me about that I pulled out a piece of paper to jot some notes so I wouldn't forget.

Here is part of my email.

“I choose to praise, to glorify the name above all names.” 

I have been a lover of all things space, stars, moon, and planets since I was a little girl. I followed the steps to the moon before most people my age really cared and I still follow the cosmos news. The most interesting part of all of that is that not one single thing I have ever heard or studied including the universe was formed billions of years ago has ever discounted my believe in a real big God. All that I see and the intricacies of it all just point me more to a god that is far bigger than I can imagine. 

Life can be difficult and in the trials of life we can lose focus of how big that God really is. I remember going to see Old Faithful in Yellowstone and how disappointed Jeff was that it wasn’t more powerful in its spewing forth from the earth. Why the buffalo were roaming on top of it just moments before it erupted! However, it isn’t the power of it that made Old Faithful  famous. It is in its name…faithful.  Just think with our Heavenly Father we get faithful and powerful. 

I have met those who don’t see it like I do. They have gotten caught up in either the delivery of God’s Word or science, or something has not steered them toward the faithfulness and powerful God I love, but I pray that my words and my actions make them take a second look at Him.

Life can be overwhelming a bit…

  • Harsh words on social media
  • The news…politics alone
  • Cancer
  • Aging parents
  • Raising children really never ends
  • Images to make you feel like you are not keeping up
  • etc., etc., etc.



I thought of a line from a book I read many years ago. Two sisters were talking that had just been through a tough time of loss. They were discussing that things were finally looking up and life seemed settled. They knew they needed to celebrate these moments, because around the corner lay the next trial. IT was not written as a Debbie-downer statement and I didn’t read it as such, but a true picture of life. Life is ups and downs, hills and valleys, and walking that journey with faith in a God who does see and care. Much like the image in the move “The Shack“ of the overview of the maze. God sees and is guiding us through that maze.

The lyrics of the song were so powerful.

“ I count on one thing, the same God that never fails will not fail me now. In the waiting, the same God who’s never late is working all things out. Yes, I will lift you high in the lowest valley. Bless your name. Sing for joy when my heart is heavy all my days. Yes I will!

Such powerful lyrics and so Scripturally based. Here are a few verses for you that I thought of from the song that if you have time you can look over and maybe even read the chapter each is from on a different day this week.
No pressure now…God takes whatever time we have to offer and uses it for Hs purposes.


Psalms 19:1-3
The heavens proclaim the glory of God. The skies display his craftsmanship. Day after day they continue to speak; night after night they make him known. They speak without a sound or word; their voice is never heard. …

Psalm 37:25 
I have been young, and now I am old; Yet. I have not seen the righteous forsaken, or his descendants begging bread. 

This same verse is in 

Hebrews 13 again, but as I was looking it up this verse from that chapter caught my eye. 
15 Through Him then, let us continually offer up a sacrifice of praise to God, that is the fruit of lips that give thanks to His name.

Romans 8:28
And we know that God causes everything to work together[a] for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.

I guess to summarize I will say sometimes the bad stuff is not going away, but our perspective can change which I think is the message of the song.

The song.



8 comments:

  1. It is so good when we come away from church encouraged for the week ahead. I like what those sisters said because it is true. Life has its ups and downs for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, Sandy. Thank you so much for sharing. This was such a blessing. I have been battling bronchitis, the whole month of May, and had not been able to make it to Church. Your blog was like a hug from heaven. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweet Georgia, it is so hard to stay well and be a mommy. IF they get sick then you do as well. Praying you are back up to par soon.

      Delete
  3. How encouraging! I was just mentioning to my husband that a few of my blog friends use their blogs to share insights and wisdom like this and it always encourages me. Life is hard and we need our faith to see us through the good times AND bad. Thanks for sharing this. I'll spend a little more time absorbing it! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandy: I have heard this beautiful song before, it is fantastic, thank-you for sharing with us.
    Thank-you for sharing the beautiful Scriptures with us, it is amazing how the Bible can change a life if people would only pick one up and start reading it.
    I love my bible.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent message and I agree that our attitudes and perceptions can (and should) change. Thank you for this great testimony today!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautifully written and encouraging post, Sandy! Thank you for sharing the song and the scripture. I have written those down and will read them tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Sandy. Your words meant so much to me. RJ

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy