Monday, April 6, 2020

Blogville Part 1

I am checking in today doing my part for Blogville to have more to read. I have a lot to say today, so you are going to get as much as I think I can fit in one post and I will be back later in the week to continue. 
I am a thinker and a reflective person by nature and this has taken me some time to process my thoughts. I have found I can never write (which is one of my favorite hobbies) until I have had time to think through something.
Now, I have in no way figured this Coronavirus situation out or have any wise words, but my thoughts are not quite as crazy as they were last week. I will elaborate as I go.

I am going to do a flower post later this week because I am using my blog to journal this continuing process of my hobby of playing in the dirt, but I have to share two photos.

You may remember this past fall I dug up the roses. I gave up on it and came to terms with the fact that I didn't have the proper conditions at my home for a rose garden. I had one rose that survived until September last year. I threw her in a big bucket and placed her on the bottom deck and said, "Good luck, Miss Oklahoma." She has survived and flourished. She has given me two beautiful blooms over the weekend. Bless her heart...she filled me with gladness.


And like clockwork, the day lilies are starting to bloom. The first one this 6th day of April, 2020.

Luke 12:27 New American Standard Bible (NASB)

27 Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these.

I have stitched and am saving all of this for you later in the week. I am still scattered in my stitching, but I did buckle down and get this one done. 
Arlene (at Nanaland), you would get a chuckle if you could have seen me this evening. Bluebird is headed your way. I ventured out of my home for the first time in over three weeks to mail you this pattern and a surprise. Jeff allowed it!! Don't worry!! He has done all the shopping for over three weeks and done everything and anything to make sure I am safe. He drove me to the post office this evening after hours so I could use the machine. I went in armed with my mask,  a washed and dried reused Ziplock bag to use as a glove. I touched nothing without the baggie. Then I drenched myself with hand sanitizer back in the truck. Then washed down when I got home, so I was safe.


On and one more note on stitching, Mrs. T of Across My Kitchen Table sent me a sunflower button for my bunny stitch. It was the perfect finish for this piece, so like I said I have a stitching post coming later in the week. I can't thank her enough for such a sweet gesture.

So, let's talk about daily life on this quarantine time.

Jeff and I have done a lot of porch sitting. Spring is just amazing in our neck of the woods. He worked outside some Friday evening and Saturday morning, picking up the remaining leaves from the annual March leaf drop of the live oaks and pressure washing the stone walls by the garage and downstairs. Friday evening he made us a slushy orange juice and we sat outside. You can see my stitch in hand and my two sidekicks at my feet. Gus is tethered of course because they both want to say hello to everyone and during this time no one wants anyone or any dog near them.


We do a lot of group texting, so the next series of pictures are some that have gone to the family texts (Jeff, me, Tyler, Lindsay, Paul Allen, and Katie) that occur each day.  It gives you a glimpse of life in the Palmer Family.

Saturday, Lindsay, Tyler, and Tucker went for a boat ride. Y'all there is no one here. IT is weird this time of year to see only locals on the water. We are all practicing social distancing of at least 25 feet. I will say everyone is abiding by the rules.

Little Tucker thinks he is driving.

Sunday, Jeff and I went out for a boat ride. It was 75 degrees and Jeff took this picture to show the kids that Mama had on a wrap because it was cold. I did think it was a bit chilly. I grabbed the shawl just as I was going out and glad I did.


We just went out in the middle of the bay and turned the boat off and must have sat there for 45 minutes talking. Yes, we have been together a good bit lately, but I think we both were at a point we were ready to start analyzing and sharing thoughts on this crazy event in life.
I couldn't have written this one in a million years.

I reciprocated with a picture of him.


There has been lots of cooking and sharing of what we have cooked going back and in the family texts. I was preparing breakfast this morning and Jeff snapped this photo to send the kids. Mama has her hair in pigtails. He thought that worth sharing. 


Proof of the insanity of our photos. Here are tonight's meals by all three family units.

Lindsay and Tyler started it with fried rice...

Paul Allen and Katie had egg and Conecuh sausage sandwiches with grits...




And Jeff was in the process of making jambalaya with pasta instead of rice... ours was not quite finished in the picture.

very tasty.

I will leave you with a picture of Tucker that Lindsay sent today. My goodness, I know he is my grandson, but he sure is cute.



I am coming back with part 2...
the more reflective part of what is my noggin...
I told you I had lots to say.
Sandy

9 comments:

  1. He really is the cutest! You are RIGHT! And how cute are you wrapped up on the boat and then in pigtails! I showed the photos from this post to hubby. I talk about you sometimes and he likes to put a face to what I'm sharing. It's quiet in this part of FL too! We went for a drive this afternoon and not many cars on the road! Take care and stay healthy! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I sure look forward to Part 2! And anymore pictures you want to share along with your thoughts. How wonderful to have access to a boat and such a beautiful body of water. I'm thinking I'd be out on the water every day of this lockdown. Or every pleasant day, anyway. Love all the pictures, but that last one of Tucker is really terrific. What an expression!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely commentary. Now I'm waiting for part two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tucker is indeed adorable! I love you in pigtails! Great photos and good thoughts. Looking forward to part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  5. [where did my comment go????] I must have leaned too long on the space bar.... To repeat myself: THAT's a great way to get away from it all, to take the boat to the center of the bay and then just sit there for 45 minutes talking. Probably not many interruptions out there!

    Yes, Tucker IS driving the boat! Just ask him!

    Don't know the reason for naming the lovely red rose "Miss Oklahoma", but that's where I was born, so it's a good name.

    Your stitching is so well done. Truly. You always inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sandy, I loved reading and seeing the pictures this morning. Your rose looks stunning as does your Day lily. Being out on the water is a good balm. I am looking forward to part 2.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I had to laugh at your post office experience. That chart will always be special because of the care you took to get it to me Sandy!! We have a small satellite office at the grocery store near by so it is still pretty easy to put things in the mail. If I lived where you do, I would be on the deck all day enjoying the scenery. And yes, Tucker Is a Precious Baby Doll. You are not biased at all!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not brave enough to venture out to the post office even though I have a couple of things that should have been mailed yesterday. Maybe I'll get my nerve up after reading your tale, Sandy! It is a small local post office so I'd probably be fine, but honestly, I haven't left the house/yard in almost a month. Starting to become a real hermit.

    How wonderful to be able to get out in the middle of the water like that--it looks so peaceful and relaxing. It's funny how important food has become in all of our lives--we are doing the same thing with our family always photographing our latest creations and comparing what we are making/craving :)

    Tucker is darling--really more of a little boy than a baby these days! Take good care now! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that your rose bush came back and blessed you with two lovely blossoms! Roses are like that...I'd say it's a keeper! Love your daylilies. Wish I had some here. I tried to grow them in Salt Springs, but they didn't come back after a couple of years, and plus the deer kept trying to eat them. So I gave up. Love your pigtails! So cute. Love that your hubby thought it was picture worthy too. My hubby loves to catch me looking funny, but I make sure I screen any pictures he posts. He may think they are cute, but I don't always agree. LOL. Your Tucker is adorable! You have permission to say so! He really is!! You are blessed to have him near. Have a blessed week, and just rest in the Lord and enjoy the time He is giving us to do just that. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy