Monday, December 19, 2022

A Stitching Finish

I buckled down to get the name stitch completed by Christmas. Miles's stitch is done...not framed, but stitched. I plan to roll it up and wrap it for Christmas and then take it to be framed after Christmas. Finished earlier today, I still have to pull out the stitches coming down from the top from the one that got messed up.


Features include:
a little bayou fishing, 
the two dogs and the cat that are pets,
 the two sports that I am sure Paul Allen will want him to play; golf and baseball, 
 a car (Katie's dad is a big car fan). This car is to mimic his 1965 red Corvette.
And duck hunting that Paul Allen has fallen in love with.

Feels good to have it completed. I have no idea why I took so long to get it done.

Another stitch to share is one I did several years ago. I made a homemade background for it, but always felt it just wasn't right for such a grand stitch. I pulled it out for Christmas this year and decided to try and find a frame. I took a chance on one from an Amazon vendor. It wasn't cheap, but it certainly was less than having it professionally done. I love it. The frame was perfect and just what I needed. 


I just popped it in this afternoon. It has a hanger on back, but now I have to find a place to put it. I think it will leave it out for January since it is so pretty.

I have some baking to do this week, but other than keeping Palmer through Wednesday I am slowing down to soak in Christmas.

Merry Christmas all, 
Sandy
 

9 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Sandy: Mile's sampler is adorable.
    The frame you chose for Silent Night Holy Night is lovely.
    Have a wonderful Christmas

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. The cardinals are so pretty, I'd keep them up all year.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am ready for the slow motion to kick in. Life has been moving too fast these past two weeks or so. Sandy, I LOVE your MILES finish and all the other projects you shared. You are so talented. Merry Christmas!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful the two finishes. The cardinals are in the round frame perfect.
    Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miles' piece is darling. Well done on getting it finished, Sandy! I love your cardinal finish. Great looking round frame. Wishing you and your family a joy-filled Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both look great and the round frame is perfection. I know Katie and Paul Allen will love that you made Miles's name so special.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Miles stitch turned out so well. You do such fine work. I have the flamingo you gave to me last year (or was it the year before?). It's one of the few things I've kept. And your red cardinal stitch is beautiful, too. You can't go wrong with cardinals!! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you personalized little Miles' name, Sandy! What a special gift you have created for each of your darling grandsons! Love the cardinal framed in the round, too. Very elegant! Wishing you all a lovely Christmas together ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH, I love the Miles stitch, and I can imagine as he grows up each of those little pictures will become very meaningful to him. So sweet. And I LOVE the Cardinal picture with Silent Night/Holy Night on it. Yes, it is well worth framing and keeping up throughout the holiday season and winter. Beautiful! Have a blessed and beautiful Christmas with your precious family all around. Try to stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy