Monday, May 8, 2023

Fun and Tired Go Together...Right?

 I am so tired. I mean really tired. A good tired ---because I was helpful.

You see, Lindsay and Tyler gave themselves a Christmas present of tickets to a concert and the plan was to couple it with a trip to see Tyler's twin brother in May. Little did they know their start to the year would make this vacation so needed. Lindsay also has such a stressful job. She makes good money, but I think she knows it is not a job she can keep up for as long as I taught. I think our prayer is that she will do it one more year since Tucker will go to preschool on the way to her job and then look for something closer to home even if  less money and hours when he starts kindergarten. The trip began with them flying out Thursday for south Florida. Jeff picked up the boys and the wildness began Thursday evening. 

LET ME JUST SAY,  I have no idea how she does it. I am absolutely positively sure children are for young people. Then I think about how many grandparents are raising grandchildren. Whew.... I did send them to daycare for Friday because I knew I would not hold up for the entire weekend. They were good, but...

On Thursday night, I fell asleep before Tucker did:) The baby bed is in our master so Palmer slept there. Jeff has been down in his back to add to all of this. He pulled a muscle in the upper back and visited a chiropractor, but later had to go the doctor and get a muscle relaxer and some anti inflammatory medicine. He could only sleep in the recliner. Tucker and I slept in Lindsay's old room. He talks nonstop anyway just like his mama, so I fell asleep before him. The next 2 nights I pretended to be asleep so he would stop talking. I am telling the truth. So many words come out of his mouth.

Friday afternoon, we played out on the dock. A rope dropped in the water can be so much fun. They are building a dock across the way at the new house, so Palmer was mesmerized by all the sights over there.



On Saturday morning, we went to Paul Allen's house to let them run around in their yard and then walked across to the ballpark by his house and played in the park.


Katie was gracious and took over the listening to so many words and swinging Tucker in the hammock



Yes, they chose to come down like that. Palmer has no fear!

Then we all went to Chik Fila for lunch.


Stickers were a huge hit.

Then it was off the Destin park for Tucker's end of the year T-ball party.
That child had so much fun. He ran and played so hard. Palmer was happy to sit in the stroller and watch since all of this was his nap time.

The park is a beautiful waterfront park with lots of native plants and a heron refuge. Couple that with a swimming area, lots of playground stuff and a splash pad it is a wonderful park to go to. It was a little overcast, but that actually kept the temperature to a very pleasant one.



Palmer and I watched all the herons in the trees. There were at least 3 huge heron nests in them.

Tucker was running and playing with friends and really didn't want to stop and take a picture of his trophy for his parents. This was as good as I got.


You may notice that eyesore of a building behind Tucker. If you have visited our area, you may have even stayed there. Just know that I don't know a single local who doesn't hate that eyesore. It is just completely out of place with our beaches.

Sunday brought church. We did get them there on time and more out by the water play.

This time a big stick brought lots of fun.


Palmer and Miles. Palmer was told he could not walk out on the pier. He would go right to the edge and stand and then look back to see if anyone was watching. He minds, but he is a daredevil so he must be watched.


The parents arrived around 2 and Jeff and I were pooped. I took a 2 hour nap which didn't interfere with my nighttime sleep. Jeff was snoozing in the chair too.

I did get up early as usual and head down to check on the plants. Roses are blooming. I didn't cut any this weekend since I was so busy.




Jeff did slip out yesterday afternoon and get me the 4 chairs to go with the old table I painted. The table is almost 40 years old, and it only took one can of paint to paint it. I think I can keep it up and the new chairs look nice with it. That is about all you can keep out in the hot sun and down that close to the water.


The tomatoes, cucumbers and peppers are starting to do their thing.





Miles and I made a quick stop at the grocery store this morning where he got his first sticker. 



We are hoping for a quiet day and a few chores, one of which is mopping the kitchen. A milkshake was spilled and a quick clean was all I had time to do, and it has been driving me nuts since it happened.

I think we have had a real spring with April, but the heat is on its way with this week. I am good with that. I will see cool again in November.

I do feel aged this morning, but blessed too.
Sandy







11 comments:

  1. I don't know how you do it! But I know you love every minute and gives you so much joy. I feel tired at the end of every day but I call it a 'good tired'. Life is never boring...that's for sure! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y'all are having a wonderful time building memories.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm tired reading this account, never mind living it. I'm glad you lived to tell the tale. They're wonderful kids, but never a dull moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had to have a very slow day today. Littles have so much energy. Just a fraction of it would be nice.

      Delete
  4. Bless you!! I would not have the energy to do what you did. Whew! Fun photos and the roses are beautiful!! Get some rest!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to stop and take a nap half way through your description of your weekend! lol Seriously, though... you did amazingly. And your grands look like they had a great time. Love the pictures of the boys. And the roses and the water.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Sandy while your weekend sounded exhausting, what a blessing it was to spend time with your boys. The pictures you shared are wonderful and what memories to look back on. Your roses and veggie plants are looking good. I love Miles' hair. Have a restful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my Sandy: You were busy, I hope you are well rested now, I hope your husbands pain is gone for good soon.
    The boys are growing and so adorable, Miles I want your sweet hairdo it is adorable.
    Your roses are beautiful, the tomato's look yummy even in green state.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how you do it all, Sandy! I get exhausted when I'm around my one grandson for even an entire day! I had to laugh at your comment on pretending to be asleep so Tucker would stop talking :) I think I would be the same--those little boys sure can gab up a storm! All of your grandsons are so darling, no matter how they tire you out. It is so nice to be with them now because there will be a time when they're older when they'll just want to hang out with their friends. I'm dreading those days! Absolutely LOVE that photo of the rose in the setting sun--beautifully done! Hope your husband is feeling better. Take care now and try to rest up this week ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember those days when we would have the grands for up to a week and how tired I was!! Little boys have so much energy....I would love to have a bit of that for just one day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep it's exhausting looking after little ones, lol my husband always says there us a reason you have kids when you are young, and he's right! I had two of my grandsons for the day last week and took them out by myself, I was pooped by the time they went home, they have so much energy but its great that we can help out and really we enjoy it don't we 😉 I too have done the pretending to be asleep trick, hope now you have caught up with your sleep. Take care

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy