Tuesday, May 2, 2023

The Look of Spring

 Here goes my attempt to keep up with a more regular blogging schedule. HA! I think when I go too much past a weekly post, I get out of the habit of recording life over here. Not a ton of blogging fodder as some call it, but just the regular days. I actually love those regular or ordinary days. 

One morning, I picked up Miles and we rushed to the Armament Museum to look for Billy Bowlegs's treasure. Paul Allen had heard the weekly clue on the radio on his way to work and knew immediately the location of the clue. He should have whipped back around to get it then because we were too late. Now, if I can remember what the clue was. Something like this: an eagle, a falcon, and warthog stand proud lies the coin between a white marker and bush. Those are 3 planes lined up right next to each other at the museum. I knew right where to look, but I guess we were beat to the spot. 

Miles and I got down on the ground and looked under all the benches:) We tried really hard.

I think very soon he is going to need to go in a stroller ride all around the park and meet all those cool planes. 

The search for treasure is all part of the Billy Bowlegs events here in Fort Walton Beach. They moved it up May a couple of years ago rather than in June to keep it a more local event and family friendly. While the weather isn't as warm as June, it is probably a lot easier to keep it under control with just locals rather than all the tourists added in the mix. It is a week long event with many things happening downtown and on the water. 

In my last post, many of you mentioned the shade of my live oaks. They are wonderful for shady walks in my neighborhood in the heat of summer. 
This is us most days strolling with Gus leading the way.


Everything is really pretty right now outside and the mornings are cooler, so it fun times outside. My daylillies are popping now.



I saw this on Instagram the other day. I, of course, loved the sentiment and the vintage look of it.


I don't think I have a green thumb, but just love to try and grow things.

I have been reading a good bit. I have read a couple of Florida books about our area which I have loved. I love to soak up history. I also read a good new release fiction book called Velvet by Heather Strommen. I had said I wasn't going to buy books, but after many months of seeing it advertised on her Instagram page I caved. It was a nice read. It had a faith theme running through it so it was a pleasant surprise. I would show you a picture, but I already passed it to Lindsay.

I have been stitching on the sunflowers. I stopped to start my May ornament which I will share later in the month. I think the sunflowers are going to make a lovely pillow.


I am just loving spring days, puttering around the house, and just doing the regular routine. Nothing earth shattering going on and that is good. Now that spring is here I want the days to slow down. No rushing.

Here is a cute photo of Miles and Mama. We went to the grocery store to do her shopping. Miles loves to go to the grocery store, so that makes it a bit easier to do that for her.


He is now 9 months old. 

Tucker and Palmer are coming to spend the night on Friday night. Mom and Dad are going on an overnight trip which I think is much needed. Jeff and I are looking forward to the two boys spending the night with us. 

That is about it here in my world. I try to keep my eyes off of the news and on my little blessings around me. It is the way to stay sane in these days. 

Sandy





13 comments:

  1. Your neighborhood looks lovely. I also love that vintage picture. Peaceful days at home are the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and yes, being at home suits me well.

      Delete
  2. How lovely your mom is! I like her style.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you:) She always dresses and looks nice.

      Delete
  3. Lovely flowers. I love your stitching project and agree that it will make a pretty pillow. Miles is ADORABLE!! Your mom looks lovely!! Thanks for the catch-up!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pic of your mama and Miles! I am sure he is a mood lifter to both of you!! Love seeing your plants. My Lantana is doing great. I am going to the nursery today to buy a few more for the front beds. I may see if they have some day lilies too. I did grow roses at Point Mallard but I do not have a place for them here. I spent the day stitching with North Alabama Stitchers yesterday....just what I needed. Have fun with your boys. I miss those overnight visits!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy, thank you for the book recommendation. I have written it down and will add it to my next book order. Your flowers are so pretty. The sunflowers are looking fabulous and they will make a wonderful pillow. I look forward to seeing your May ornament. What a sweet picture of Miles and your Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandy: What fun it must have been looking for the coin, I am an avid reader belong to two book clubs.
    Oh my gosh the photo of your mother and Miles is so precious.
    The sunflowers progressing.
    Gus is adorable.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like y’all had a fun adventure! 😀 Miles is such a little cutie. I know you enjoy all of your grandbabies. I also love your day lilies. They are beautiful! The red is my favorite. My mama has a yard full. I need to get some of hers to plant at my house. Hope y’all enjoy your time with the boys!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww... I just love that sweet photo of Miles and your mom. Older folks and babies seem to have such a special connection, don't they? I can't believe he is 9 months old already? Will you continue to watch him in the fall? Your mom is looking great, Sandy!

    Such a lovely sunflower piece--it will be a perfect pillow. And your flowers are beautiful. We've had SUCH a horrid, dark, rainy week that I haven't even gone out to buy my annuals yet. Honestly, I don't remember a more depressing patch of sunless weather. Thankfully, we are turning the corner tomorrow--whew! Hope you have a relaxing weekend with lots of stitching, reading, and gardening time ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Billy Bowlegs sounds like a week of fun. And Miles and his hair are just adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed reading your post so much. Love the last picture of Miles with your Mom. That is priceless!! The little girl with the plants is so sweet. That would be my sister...she was born with the green thumb. Mine is mostly brown. LOL. Your sunflower picture will be so nice. And the trees with Gus makes a nice photo too. I am glad you are enjoying springtime at last! Have fun with your little boys this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. One of my sons sported a similar hair style to what Miles has going on there -- very fine and sticking straight up! (smile) He is very cute! And regarding your plants, it's my opinion that you definitely have a green thumb!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy