Sunday, June 25, 2023

My House is Built on Him

I decided to start this post out on a more positive note. 

I finished up my sunflower pillow a couple of weeks ago and never shared the final product. It is lovely and just as I am ....a plain little lady.

It is first pictured in the dining room on Jeff's grandmother's rocker. Not sure where it will finally find its home. I am not planning to put it out until mid July.


It took me forever to actually make a decision on the pillow. I backed it with the most lovely shade of green that matched perfectly.


I thought long and hard about a fabric cording, but it just never seemed right to me. I even ordered some store bought cording for it.  Again, it just didn't seem to suit me. The more I thought about it, I decided that the stitch itself was just enough. So plain it is. I can always change my mind, but for now it is just a pillow with no trim. 

I took my time stitching the bottom where it came together and was very pleased with it. I know wherever it lands in the house is going to be just perfect.


I am stitching the whale still, mostly because with all that is going on it is all I can do to stitch anything. During this crazy month, my stitching lamp just broke in half. I have been wanting to wait until after my surgery at the end of July to see what I will actually need. Most of my stitching has been done in my sewing room early morning right under the pot light above and with a terrible clip on that doesn't stay charged long enough. I will need a new stitching lamp but want to make a wise purchase. With all that is going on right now, I think it best I wait a few more weeks to shop for one.


Grandchildren...

Tucker sayings...



Miles at the Gulfarium...


Palmer with a Dad given haircut...


A beautiful blonde boy. Turns out Dad didn't cut all the curls off. Just like his Uncle Paul Allen, when he walks out into the Florida humidity, it curls right up.




I stayed at Lindsay's most of the day on Friday as it was first day back from surgery in Atlanta. The boys and I went around the circle many many times that day. Tucker on his bike and Palmer on his scooter. While Palmer napped, Tucker and I picked up a grocery order and then later that day we visited Mama at rehab.

Before, I get to that...Lindsay is doing well. She had a rough couple of days right after with medicines. She takes after her grandma with medicine reactions, but she is doing well now. It will take a few weeks for the surgery effects to kick in we are told. The doctor said all went very well.


Now, for Mama. I don't want to even type, but I am going to get a small portion out. 

Mama really could go either way at this point. 

This morning at church one of the songs that I have heard lots of times almost brought me to the point where I would need to go out. 

"The rains came and the winds blew, but my house is built on YOU." 

They have surely blown. I am not even going to tell you all the stuff today. Just don't think I can, but my house is truly built on faith in my sweet Lord. I will get through it all.

Mother could pick up this week and get back on her feet, and that is what I pray will happen, but I would be falling short if not recognizing that she has a hard journey ahead to do that. She is tough, but being 88 with this type of injury is hard. 

She will be dismissed from the facility she is in on Friday. It is a short term intensive care. They work her 3 times a day, but she has had a few complications that have hindered her progress. I have never seen her more humble or trying harder.

I did visit an assisted living place and plan to drop off a deposit and paperwork to get her on a waiting list tomorrow, but she has to get a lot better to even be accepted there. 

Lots of tough things ahead for her and our little family. I need her to be able to come to my house on Friday. They are saying that if she needs further assistance she might have to go to a nursing home. Mother has her mind so sitting in a nursing home will end her. I am praying she can come home with home health assistance until we can think this through and make the best plan for her

I probably won't post next week because with her getting out on Friday, I am pretty sure I am going to be busy. I will keep you posted at some point though.

I am going to try and end on something else. Our niece is here and we will have our annual June gathering of our wee little family Tuesday evening. Enjoy every good day people and while I am dispensing advice, ladies do everything you can to strengthen those muscles and avoid falling.

We had a gator sighting 


I circled it for you. Jeff spotted it from the kitchen window one morning just swimming by. We managed to capture a photograph at the bedroom window. This one was 5-6 feet which is trouble for Gus. Gus had just fallen in love with the new stairs too. This is unusual for our bayou or at least as close to the bigger water as we are. It can happen after a hurricane. I have had to put a leash at the back door to keep him from jumping in. I did let him swim yesterday during the day because there was a lot of boat traffic out. I will really have to watch him in the mornings and evenings.


We also had tornadoes and homeless people trying to camp out at the cottages next door, but I am going to close it up for tonight. If you lack excitement in your life, just come on down to the Palmer house. We have it, not all good, but you will never be bored.

Fortunately, it didn't touch down, but the boys' playhouse was torn up.


I still haven't had time to address comments. It took me 1 hour and 15 minutes to go 13 miles with all the beach traffic. Lovely views but lots of people enjoying them too.

Be back in a couple of weeks,

Sandy



11 comments:

  1. So glad Lindsay is doing well. I continue to pray for complete healing for her. It does seem that the storms of life often come one on top of the other, doesn't it? I love Palmer's curls,...so precious. I am glad you have these boys to give you a smile. Tucker sure has high aspirations.lol Hugs to you this morning, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy, I am glad to hear that Lindsay is home and on the road to healing. Both Lindsay and your mama continue to be in my thoughts and prayers as well as you and your family. Definitely scary with the gator sighting and I hope it will continue on its way and out of your bayou. Thinking of you as you begin this week and for your mama's release at the end of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sandy,
    Your pillow is adorable!🌻 It was so good to read that Lindsay is recovering well. Palmer's curls are so sweet!!
    Your Mother's healing and well-being remain in my prayers, and you as well.
    Blessings, Linda 🦋

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was good to read your update, Sandy, in spite of things with your dear mother being rather touch-and-go at the moment. I will certainly keep her (and Lindsay) in my prayers. You have a lot to deal with right now and I hope Lindsay is fully recovered very soon so there is one less thing on your mind. I know that has been weighing on you for a while.

    Such a pretty pillow and it is perfect without the cording! I've always loved that design and have saved the magazine that it was in for years. Will I ever get to it? Love Tucker's career aspirations--when my son was that age, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were popular and he said he wanted to be a "sewer cleaner" when he grew up! We still tease him about that. Palmer's golden curls are precious--glad they didn't get cut off!

    Do take care of yourself now, Sandy. I hope you are getting in some time to stitch, walk on the beach, putter around your home, and whatever else brings you peace. Sending a hug ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that Lindsay is recovering from her surgery and pray your mother does well, too. Love the sun flower pillow. It really is cheery. The gator in your bayou -- yes, by all means, keep that leash handy! You're right, lots going on at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Prayers for all, Sandy. Praying!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Sandy: I love your pillow, so pretty, the lace on the rocker is also pretty.
    I am so sad that your mother has been ill, I hope she can get into assisted living what a wonderful idea that is.
    I hope Lindsey is back to normal soon, I have a problem with almost all meds, they make me.
    Palmers hair is beautiful, you are so Blessed to have grand children, Miles is adorable.
    It scares me that you have the homeless in your area, sad that they cannot get a job and get on with a normal life.
    I hope there was not any damage to your area from bad weather.
    Mikey says hello to Gus.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. First of all, your pillow is lovely and I absolutely love the colors in the whale piece! That’s going to be beautiful! Sweet little Tucker….wanting to be the ice cream man! 😍 He knows how much joy that job brings to people of ALL ages! 😊

    I am sending up prayers for you as you navigate the best care for your mom. By this point, I pray she is at home with you if that’s what is best for her right now. I pray for her complete healing, as well as for Lindsey too. You certainly have a lot going on right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! Prayers continue for you and your family. God’s Grace will see you through each day. Your grands are precious and I know they bring you and Jeff much happiness. Take care, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was way behind in my reading and just now learned about your mother and Lindsay, etc. I sent you a comment on your last post...just want you to know I am praying for you and your family. May God continue to give you grace and peace. Your little ones are so precious. Love those curls. One day at a time, sweet Jesus...Amen.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy