Thursday, April 4, 2024

Life Lately

 Spring is finally coming in to the Deep South. It has been hit or miss these days, but I have some glorious days soaking up any sun and warmth that comes my way. I had a busier than even normal week last week and even mentioned in my cross stitch post last Thursday. In today's post,  I think I am in going to go in reverse order. We will share some good stuff first.

My first roses of the spring '24 season.

Jeff and I went to the movie yesterday. I have ALWAYS been a huge Karen Kingsbury fan, so when I saw that she had a movie out that SHE was in total control of and making it herself I knew I would need to go as soon as possible. What I didn't know was that kids would be sick and mamas and daddies would actually be home with them and I would be able to go as soon as it was released. Everyone run to it. Even Jeff said it was a great original story. 

The Baxters are out on Amazon Prime video. I am enjoying that as well.  If you are a Kingsbury fan too, then you know who the Baxters are! The one thing I can say about Kingsbury is that all of her books are full of hope and inspiration and I have seen her speak several times and she is truly so uplifting. Much needed in this day and age. Go read yourself one of her books for a lift.

Easter was special as always. I might have been a wee bit tired by the end of the day and that week leading up to it really tried to steal my joy and get me undone, but thankfully I fought all that off. I might have had to lay on the couch after everyone left, but I love Easter and all it stands for. 

Here a few pics. I didn't take a bunch but enough to remember the family moments. 

The kids at church. Jeff and I attended the service on Saturday night and I worked the 2 on Sunday morning. Jeff's back was not his best so he stayed home Sunday morning and hobbled around getting all my instructions for dinner taken care of. 


Egg hunting by Tucker and Palmer and Gus.


Palmer is cheesing it up and Miles didn't feel well and was totally uninterested by this time to get his picture made with his cousins.


Family shot...I wore my cute outfit Saturday night and my kids' shirt on Sunday morning as usual. 


I think Miles put three eggs in his basket and balked at the fun anymore. 


It was a crazy week last week with so many things going on and too many appointments, but it prompted me to realize I have to make some changes on that front and I have and am in the process of more. 

Miles will be home with Mama at the end of May and starts daycare in August when she goes back to school. I still may have to keep him one or two days a week, but that will be ironed out later. He is definitely ready for some children. Anytime the other boys are here he just loves it.

On Good Friday, I carried all three to the park for most of the morning. It was a huge success and made the day go by much faster.




Jeff was hobbling along and got to go get an MRI later that day. Tomorrow he gets the results. He has had terrible back issues for at least the last 6 weeks. He will have 2 good days followed by 2 horrible days. He is getting down about it all. I am not sure if Parkinson's is related to it, but it certainly isn't helping so I am hoping for an answer that he can live with tomorrow.

If all that wasn't enough with 2 days with all three boys, 5 appointments for Mother (doctors, test, and beauty related), Easter ---then throw in a family reunion on the Saturday before Easter up home in Alabama. Yep, I have no boundaries on time OR shall I say that is past tense:)

Mother and I drove up one way and came back another and got in the full countryside and let me say spring while it has been cooler put on a show for us on Saturday.

The azaleas at my Aunt Faye's house were so pretty.



It was a challenging week, but visiting with all my cousins that I don't see often reminded me I am not alone in the many problems. I think all 5 who were there had so many issues facing them too. I do not know how people get through without faith in God. 

I can tell you God has met me and is walking with me so closely and for that, I am grateful! 

This verse has been my promise for 2024... I have shared it before, but it worth repeating.

Hebrews 4:16
Let us therefore draw near with confidence to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and may find grace to help in time of need.






6 comments:

  1. Oooh... I'm so glad you mentioned the Baxters being on Amazon Prime. I had no idea. That book series includes the entirety of what I have read that Kingsbury has written. I will check out the video series, but I'll be honest, I'm wary of having my love for the stories in the books being messed with.

    As always, I love the pictures of your family. The boy brothers and cousins are adorable, and growing so quickly. It is good to read your words of faith amongst the trials. Praying for relief for Jeff's back, and your schedule. You are taking care of a lot of people!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little boys are just so darling, Sandy! Love the Easter photos and I'm glad you shared them with us. That is good that you'll have some more "me" time when Miles is in daycare, too. You have had so much on your plate over the past few years. I hope Jeff gets some answers regarding his back. My husband is dealing with neck/head issues, but can't get in for an MRI until later this month. Very worrisome as he is normally so fit and active. You just never know, do you? Take care now and I hope April makes you smile! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, I agree with you about having faith in God. Without it, I don't know where I would be. He is my strength, for sure (and yours!). I enjoyed the photos and those boys are getting so big! Cuteness overload!! Keep counting your blessings and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, your grandboys are so precious, Sandy. The Easter pictures were great to see, but the looks of pure delight in the park pictures. Oh my! Thinking of you and Jeff as you wait on the results from his MRI. I hope there is an easy solution to his back pain. Your family reunion sounded like a lot of fun. I can't imagine life without having faith in the Lord. Thinking of you and praying you have a peaceful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures and all the flowers are glorious. Praying things will get better and slow down for you Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sandy: It sounds like you had an amazing Eater, I am so sorry Jeff has a back problem I hope it is fixable.
    Love the rose photo.
    Karen Kingsbury is an amazing writer, looking forward to her new movie, Someone Like You I hope it comes out in video, we do not have a movie theater close many miles away.
    Your family photos are beautiful, the boys are growing so fast.

    Catherine🌷🌷🌷🌷🌷

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy