Friday, April 12, 2024

The Strawberry Patch and the Wind

 There is not a whole lot of anything different to talk about except grand boys and the aches and pains of aging. I feel extremely blessed to be able to write about those boys and their escapades.

I spent yesterday taking Tucker on his field trip to the strawberry patch. Tyler had to attend the funeral of his last remaining grandparent who passed away at age 97. Lindsay had something she needed to be at for work plus she is taking off next week for Tucker's field day, so I happily agreed to tag along to the strawberry patch.


The strawberries were amazing and I had so much fun with my oldest grandson. 


They got to fill their plastic container as part of their field trip money and eat a cup of strawberry yogurt. Then he and Mimi filled another bucket to bring home. They were super tasty and the patch had so many to pick. As we were leaving for lunch at a nearby park, people were lining the roads coming. There are 2 farms that do this and they are about a quarter of a mile apart. Both were packed. His school got there early and we had the place to ourselves.

We ate lunch and the kids played for an hour on the park equipment. I found a bench to sit on and just watched. How can sitting and watching make one tired?! Age maybe? Anyway, he was exhausted too because on the 40 minute drive home, he fell asleep in the truck.

The day and night before we had a major thunderstorm line come through. The 2 counties to our west had tornadoes but thankfully they fizzled out before they reached us. However, it rained a lot and the wind blew all night and ALL day on Thursday. Like 25 mph all day with higher gusts. It was like a March day.

We then dropped Tucker off to Mama that afternoon and headed to Destin to drop off my Florida sampler stitch and go to his t-ball game. Y'all I can not wait to show my sampler framed. The choices made were just so good. I am glad I didn't rush out there right away. I pressed it and let it sit out on my sewing counter for the 2 weeks and just thought on it. It is going to be so pretty. The young girl getting it all set up for me kept telling me how pretty it was. She made me feel so good.

Then it was off to the still windy game. My goodness it was crazy all day. I have enjoyed getting out to see Tucker play. Next week is his last 2 games. 

Now, for a sad picture...


This is Palmer. It was taken last weekend when his mommy and daddy and brother all went putt putt at the Track. He had a blast until Tyler decided to let Tucker ride the go carts....


where you can see Tucker had fun. Palmer kept saying, "My turn, my turn." Lindsay walked him over to the sign that shows how tall you have to be which just made it worse. 

That same face came around again yesterday with me when he discovered Mimi was going with Tucker to the strawberry patch.

Oh I couldn't stand it so I promised him he could pick out somewhere to go next week with Mimi and she would keep him home from daycare and take him. He has decided on the airplanes (the Armament Museum) and Whataburger for lunch. Mimi will be taking he and Miles next week on the sunniest day to have fun too. I have not doubt he will not let me forget.

We had hoped to go to Auburn this week, but Jeff decided to pass. His back is giving him major fits. He will go to the first PT and get a brace next week, so we will try for our Auburn get away again based on all that.

I really need to share some gluten free baking I have been doing ---time here folks. Maybe soon. I will share some stitching too next week. 

Mom had another nerve ablation on Monday and I am just not sure they are doing all that much. It may be lowering the pain medication somewhat. Anyway, since I didn't show Miles this week I will share his picture one day this week when I took him over to see Grandma.


And of course, I did step out to see the eclipse since I totally love that kind of stuff. I kept my glasses from 2017 and used this ....


to let me know when to head outdoors. I am close to Pensacola. I thought it was cool and remembered like last time that the temperature drops a bit while the sun is covered. 

I have decided to be optimistic and hold on to my glasses for the next one since I will be in the path of totality 



Yea I will only be a month away from age 85.

That will do it for me today. Happy Spring.







19 comments:

  1. Happy Spring!
    Y'all had a nice time. Picking fresh strawberries is a real treat.
    Sad about not being tall enough.
    Your mom looks wonderdful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Mom is very photogenic because in real life she looks a lot more feeble. The field trip was a treat for me. I love watching my little grand boys grow up.

      Delete
  2. Sandy: The strawberry's look so yummy, we have many berry farms around here in Minnesota, I am so sad Palmer looks sad, he is adorable, as is Tucker, you are the best Grandmother to spend so much time with them both.
    I hope Jeff gets relief soon for his back pain, Mike had problems and had to have surgery last June.
    Your mother is positively adorable.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope we can find some relief for Jeff soon. Before it all started he had an appointment to finally get his knee possibly replaced. He has a poor skeleton to say the least. I am so blessed to be near my children and I love getting to spend so much time with my grandsons.

      Delete
  3. I will most likely not be here for the next eclipse since I will be 93 - but one never knows, does one?! Great photos and poor Palmer just can't understand. He will have fun with you next week, I'm sure!! Happy weekend and I hope the back brace works well for your hubby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we will both be here and have sound minds and still walking. Either way we will be just fine.

      Delete
  4. Ooh... Palmer's pouting speaks volumes. ☺️ He'll certainly enjoy his time with you next week. How nice that they are all so close that you can see them often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does speak volumes. I plan to make it up to him this week. I am so blessed to have those boys so close and to love me so. Makes me feel very good.

      Delete
  5. It looks like you and Tucker had a wonderful time at the strawberry patch. What a fun field trip for the kids! Poor Palmer! What an expression on his face! The picture of your Mom and Miles is darling. Enjoy your weekend, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin. Even in the hard blessings abound. I am so fortunate to have those boys around to make me smile. Mom is very photogenic. She is quite feeble in person and her pain is not really letting up. I work to keep her spirits up.

      Delete
  6. Looking forward to seeing your framed piece. It is always a big day when you see something you have worked so hard on come to fruition. Those strawberries look amazing. Yes, I remember those days of trying to balance out time spent with the grands! We went to Landon's soccer game on Tuesday night and he even let me give him a hug when it was over. Win Win.lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a hug is a win as they age. I am so blessed to spend time with them all. It helps that they are so close. I will give you an more newsy update hopefully later today. I have to get Mama out first and do a little yard work.

      Delete
  7. How wonderful to have strawberries to pick already! They won't be ready up here until late June or early July.

    And Palmer's pouting face! Priceless! That was so smart of Lindsay to take him over to the place that showed how tall he had to be. Even though it didn't change his attitude, at least he could see it was the rule and nothing personal.

    Can't wait to see your Old Florida framed piece. You have added so many personal touches to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the first time it dawned on me that we have strawberries so much easier is when I was cross stitching the month pieces by Little House Needleworks. The June stitch features strawberries and that just didn't sit well with me. I accept fall leaves earlier for some reason on seasonal things even though fall color doesn't show up here until Thanksgiving, but strawberries were just a no. I eat as many strawberries as I can now.
      I am pretty excited about my Florida sampler too.

      Delete
  8. How wonderful to have fresh strawberries ready for the picking. My husband just came back with some from the store and they're horribly hard and have no taste at all. I bet Tucker really enjoyed his alone time with you. Poor Parker... that must be so hard for the little ones to understand that they are just too small to go on certain rides and see their older siblings enjoying themselves. I'm sure he'll enjoy his special day with you! Love that sweet photo of your mom and Miles, too. I'm so glad she's happy with her living arrangements and you no longer have to worry about her at home alone.

    Really looking forward to seeing the frame you chose for your Florida sampler--I'm sure it will be a wonderful finish. The eclipse was so special--we were at 97% here so we enjoyed watching it, too. Not sure if I'll make the next one--I'll be 90! But, you never know :) Enjoy your week, Sandy! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. I suppose I should keep my eclipse glasses, too, although I will be 94 that year .....

    Glad to see the faces of your grandsons, AND your mom. Every one and every day is/are precious. I hope Jeff gets the relief from pain that he needs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep those glasses. Who knows? We may be still kicking it by then:) Jeff is feeling better as of this week. Such a relief.

      Delete
  10. OH, the strawberry patch sounds like so much fun! I wish we had one around here. What a fun day! I can't wait to see your sampler framed either! I'm sure it will be great! Sure hope Jeff's back gets to feeling better so y'all can go and enjoy yourselves. Your mom looks great! I know she loves seeing those boys! I guess I'll be about 71 when the next eclipse rolls around! Haha! I hope to be here to see it. Looks like it may come right over where I live as well! Hang on to those glasses! Bless sweet little Palmer! It's amazing how they can pick up on those feelings at that young of an age. I hope you and he and Miles have fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had so much fun visiting the airplanes on Monday. Palmer woke up excited that day. That alone makes it worth while. The strawberries were amazing. I wish I had gotten more.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy