Sunday, October 1, 2017

Week Wrap-up

I have no clue where last week went. It had wings on it for sure.

Mother was sickly at the beginning of the week. We ended up going to the doctor, but that really didn't accomplish anything. She has had trouble with her sinuses for awhile, but that is usual for her in the spring and fall. I think the thing that got her was our visit to the neurologist last week.  It is a long story and I will spare you the details, but she got her worked up and stress got her so much that her blood pressure was all out of whack. A visit to the doctor was mostly to calm her down. That was really my first 2 and half days of this past week.

She was much better at the end of the week, or I would never have gone to the Auburn game this weekend. My son was on call to make sure he checked on her regularly. She came over this evening to eat. I am always trying to get her to eat more. She is skin on bones.

Onto other things...I took a little while Thursday afternoon to order my sewing room and line up my stitching project bags. I have 12 things all bagged up. I will rotate until something really grabs me and has me stay on it until finishing.

I did stitch on a Nutcracker on the ride to Auburn because I am doing it on Aida cloth and can see it without a magnifier. I am planning to do some ornaments for my son.




Jeff and I met up with our really good friends who have moved away:( We had a nice visit with them on Saturday before the game. For the game this weekend, Jeff and I went and my daughter and son-in-law. It was a great game with a solid victory over Mississippi State.



I am so excited about the cooler temperatures this week. It will time to get my yard in order. It is finally less than 90's for the high. Yippie!!!


I leave you with some snapshots of the doggies and try to blog a bit more this week.








Sandy



8 comments:

  1. That Gus is just so cute...almost makes me want a dog friend.:) Sorry your mom is ailing....hope this week will be better for her. Love your nutcracker...so cute. I am really into aida lately as I can stitch on it in car line!! Right now I am working on the Grands' Christmas ornaments. Five down...three to go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a few things for Christmas gifts in my rotation. I need to get back to my Christmas cardinals too. I hope those grands all know how much you put love in those stitches.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that Gus. He is adorable. Hope you (and your mom) have a better week coming up. I don't have a lot of commitments this week but I do need to spend good quality time every day working on clearing things out at my dad's house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get lots done. That process is a hard one for sure. Mom will most likely start feeling better because she wants to go on one of her trips next week. I hate to say that, because I love that woman like crazy, but a lot of it is just depression and boredom tied in with real allergies.

      Delete
  3. I hope your Mom continues to do better. I'm envious that your able to stitch in the car, I get carsick too easy...the nutcracker is sweet. Great photos of you and your husband and the dogs!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can stitch only on Aida cloth, but yes I can even read in the car as well. I know many can't. It helps pass the time to be able to do things like that.

      Delete
  4. I just want to kiss those dog noses!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope your Momma is feeling better this week. Gus and Lemony are cutie pies. The nutcracker you are working on is darling. I hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy