Sunday, October 8, 2017

Weekend Wrap-up

Lindsay and I left late Friday afternoon for the Auburn game. We had a mother / daughter outing as all the guys stayed home. We decided to go even with being unsure about what Nate would do. I had put up everything on the back of the house and with the early game start of 11:00, we felt we could make it home if things weren't faring well for our neck of the woods.

We arrived at our cabin basically in time to go to bed, but that was fine. I had no dogs and really no one to see about. I slept wonderfully as I think she did too. We got up on Saturday morning and headed into Auburn to eat breakfast at Byron's which has an amazing breakfast. It seemed everyone had the same idea, but we managed to get in and eat in time for the game.

It was really a fun trip with my girl. Lots of girl talking. This is the last home game until November so definitely glad we went. We only went through 2 rainstorms on the way home and beat any wind, so all good.

I am married to the most wonderful man. He took my mom out to eat and then to the beach on Friday evening. I know she was on cloud 9. They watched the sunset and saw a baby sea turtle.




Mother is gone with my aunt on one of her bus trips. This is good for her and I have to admit me too. It gives me a little break this week to do some things just for me.

I managed to finish my first Nutcracker that I plan to make into ornaments.

Took it with my iPhone tonight so sorry for the shadow.

Gus is 4 months old today and I realized this is the only picture I made of him today. He and Lemony were playing in the bedroom while I was getting dressed this morning for church. Surprisingly, Lemony looked at the camera. She is usually camera shy. And yes, those are shorts the Gus dragged out of the laundry basket. 


Fortunately, Nate stayed far enough west of us that we got mostly rain and no big winds. 
Our dock is extra high and the only one not covered up in the bayou. I can't remember why Jeff had it built that high, but it works for stormy weather. We always pull the boat out even if there is only a slight chance of it coming to us. No chances taken.


It did come up on the grass about 3 feet in. Thankful that it moved quickly and didn't come here. I never can wish them on anyone else, but I always pray for them to be mild and dissapate.

Blessings,
Sandy





13 comments:

  1. Sandy so glad you had such a wonderful time at the Auburn game and you won big! It was so hot and sticky at the Florida game and we lost by one point. Ouch!!! You definitely have a great husband to be so sweet to your Mom and I know she enjoyed it.

    Love your nutcracker. It will make a wonderful ornament. Can't wait to see it all finished. Gus is growing fast. Great photo of Lemony. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The SEC is definitely going through some rebuilding all around. We just beat each other up. It is definitely hot and sticky. I think that is the forecast here all week. You know it will be bad when your phone app says humid:)
      I am in Christmas stitching mode...now to just find time.

      Delete
  2. How fun to have a girl weekend and no responsibilities for a day or so!! We just got rain all day yesterday from Nate and now it is hot and muggy again!! I was all ready for fall. I hope your mama has fun on her trip. I totally understand needing a bit of a break. LOVE the nutcracker...I am working on a Prairie Schooler Santa along with the Happy Christmas by Bent Tree that you gifted me. I am enjoying a small project that I can finish quickly. Off to have breakfast with the girls then errands. Happy Birthday to Gus!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is still rainy here...all day yesterday and the phone app says humid all week. It must be bad when the phone app says that. I will try not to complain and just stay inside a bit more. Sent you a text. You are too good to me.

      Delete
  3. You certainly had a great weekend, time with Mom, a big win and avoided the worst of Nate. A win for all!! Your dogs are beautiful and so nice that they get along so well. Have a great week, Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, I forgot your stitch!!! It's cute and looking forward to seeing your finish.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you didn't have any trouble with the storm. Sounds like a great weekend. I watched football yesterday....some of 2 games! lol Love your stitching and the cute pic of your Mom. Enjoy your week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ---I mostly only watch Auburn. I stitch while football Saturday happens at my house.

      Delete
  5. I am glad you were spared the stronger effects of Nate. It sounded like you had a wonderful girls' weekend with your daughter. Congratulations on your nutcracker finish! Great shot of Lemony and Gus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, I am taking a break from cleaning and trying to put a finish on two ornaments.

      Delete
  6. The nutcracker is so nice. Great work! Looking forward to seeing how you finish it.

    Your hubby is so sweet to take your mom for dinner and then to the beach. He's a keeper! Where is your mom off to this time on her bus trip?

    Fall weather has finally arrived here. Only in the 30s this morning and I have a fire snapping and crackling in the woodstove!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if I want the 30's, but I would gladly takes some highs in the 70's and lows in the 50's, but I guess who wouldn't want that...huh?!
      I hope to spend some time today finishing my ornaments. Mom is due home tomorrow. She went with her sister for a week to Ohio this time. It was certainly not like the trip to Maine, but it is a socialization trip for her. Since moving here she has more or less isolated herself. She is not interested in venturing out past us.

      Delete
  7. HEY Leslie Anne, I am good. I have been sluggish this week. I think I let myself just relax this week after running and knowing I didn't have to do anything for Mama this week. It was funny...I have actually felt somewhat sick this week, but couldn't tell you my symptoms. I think it is just tired which just comes along with RA. I really laid around most of yesterday other than put together a sewing table which was surprisingly easy. I read your He makes me lie down in green pastures post last night really late so I didn't comment. I think it was quite timely. I think I was tired because I didn't need to use this week to run around everywhere, but just be home and quiet.
    Otherwise all is good here...Can't wait to see your book. I know you will be ready!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy