Tuesday, February 3, 2015

I Love Bookshelves

It seems that bookshelves are all the talk these days. Many of us have them, as they have been a staple in homes built in the 1970's-1990's. I think somewhere around the turn of the century I began seeing less of them and more of the niches in newer homes.

With the day coming when our actual books are going to become a thing of the past, it seems everyone wants to do something different with their shelves. I must say I am struggling with this new trend as I just love my books. I always loved seeing lots of books on a shelf and arranging and rearranging as the collection grew or I needed to add a new picture frame.




I think of myself as someone who tries to keep up and not be stuck in the past. I just reminisce about it.  However, this one is going to be a toughie for me. I have always had a love affair with books. Just about every picture of me as a child involves books and purses. I do love my purses...a story for another day. My husband used to just shake his head while I was still teaching about the number of books I ordered from Amazon. I don't think there is a room in the house that doesn't have books unless it is the pool table room and the bathroom. The bathrooms used to contain books, but with our phones I think that has taken care of the stacks in there:) Hmmm...maybe I am liking the advent of online books after all.


Just a very small sampling of my space books. You probably really don't need to know how many books on space I have.

Actually, I do love my Kindle and Kindle app. I find that I like to read the quick fiction novels on there that I probably won't want to keep, but when it comes to nonfiction which I read a lot of, I love my books. Which brings me back to my bookshelves...they are full of nonfiction books.



I really like the look of books. I hear so many talking about the colors and mismatched look of them. I think I see them in a different light. I see them as books I really enjoyed reading and the stories that they hold so, for me my books, will remain.

I love looking at all the young girls fixing up their shelves with many different things and they are so cute and adorable. I have seen so many adorable shelves holding collections. I think that my oak shelves balance the colors of the books and of course white is all the rage now. Different times for sure. Either way is good!!! A home should be a place for the family that lives there to enjoy. AND I have found that when Mama is happy the rest of the family is too.


I have a feeling there will come a time that when one walks into my living room, they will know my age because of the books.

Anyone else out there that still loves the look of books on a shelf?

Thanks for stopping by,
Sandy


Linking up with...

http://www.abowlfulloflemons.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/ABFOL-One-Project-at-a-Time.jpg

and

http://www.astrollthrulife.net/2015/02/254th-inspire-me-tuesday.html#more

2 comments:

  1. I hear you loud and clear, and feel the same way. My hubby says one day books will be a thing
    of the past and I just can't imagine that being true......cause I love being able to hold a book or a
    magazine in my hand, and really peruse it, and know there are others who feel the same. So far, so good............and I also love the look of books too. I have never read anything on a kindle myself and doubt I will unless I have no choice............
    Blessings, Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nellie for letting me know there is someone else out there like me.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy