Thursday, June 18, 2015

Adding Summer to the Decor

I have many coastal items that stay out year round in my home since I live on a bayou of Choctawhatchee Bay. They don't seem like summer to me, but just part of our natural environment. Lately though, I have added a few new items to the decor.


I saw these herons in Ross the other day. I thought they would look cute in my foyer since I had changed up things in there the other day. I thought the gold in them would match the gold in the candlesticks. I think they will be so cute at Christmas with red bows.


These walls are opposite of each other.


I added a dough bowl with shells to the guest bathroom. I am not sure I completely love it where it is placed. I am in love with the dough bowl and the shells, but haven't quite found the best place for it.


Other coastal things are in this bathroom year round.




Of course, I had already added the shells to the dining room table when I changed out the lamps on the buffet table. I am really loving the silver tray with the starfish.



Like I said, there are coastal things all over my home that stay up all year, as you can see in the clock in our stairwell.


I love the coastal life and summer even with its sweltering heat.
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy