Monday, November 2, 2015

Welcome November

November is here, and I am excited about it. I am hoping for some cooler weather now. Never cold, but cooler.

November's monthly cottage cross stitch is mounted and completed on time. 



Actually, I am officially ahead of schedule, because I completed December already. I love how it turned out. 



I guess when Auburn is having a losing season that means you get the 11:00 time slot. That makes it a little tough on Hubby with Friday night football games. This week I went up on Friday with all three dogs by myself. The third dog is my daughter's. She and Hubby both had to go out of town with their jobs, and she wasn't getting in until Friday evening. The rest of the family had to get up real early Saturday morning and leave to make it to the game. 

I can't really leave them in a kennel anymore as Lucy, the Springer started having seizures about a year and a half ago. It had been six months since her last one, but she had two the previous weekend.

We got there and I fixed supper so I wouldn't have to go out. I plopped down on the sofa later in the evening, caught up on my Bible study and cross-stitched while watching the Hallmark channel. 


The littles ones snoozed. Lemony is on the floor beyond the sofa. I am in my favorite spot. 

Pretty good evening for me.

My favorite spot is on the lounging end!


Of course, we lost...going to be a long season, but that is that. I love my family time in a one of my favorite spots.

I picked up these plates at Dillards the other day. 


They literally called out to me and said you must buy me. Blue is my absolute favorite color.
They were displayed on blue and gray plates. I am thinking I need to go back and get those blue plates. My blue placemats are just not going to be enough.  Stay tuned.

That's a wrap,
Sandy


7 comments:

  1. Love your November and December!! Did you like the Aida better Sandy? I like the way they both look! I am still stitching on my Where There are Bees sampler. After that, I may do some more seasonal stitching. This football season has been a shocker on many fronts. My GT hubby was so excited that GT beat FSU!! Hope the Jackets can beat GA this time round. We won't talk about the Iron Bowl...anything can happen there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did like the Aida better. I don't know if it is just me and that I like things a little more ordered, but I definitely will finish the cottages out on Aida. I may do some Christmas ornaments on linen.
      GT did pull off a big win over FSU. They definitely have a chance over Georgia this year. And yes, I am not looking forward to the Iron Bowl, but since it is at home, I will definitely go and be a faithful Tiger ----even though it might just be dreadful.
      Oh how we love our college football in the south!

      Delete
    2. I have even wondered if it was the linen I chose that I didn't like. I ordered the one that the pattern suggested, but I think I may do something else on a more even weave linen and see how I like it.

      Delete
    3. It is getting harder and harder to find even weave linen!! It is ALL I like to use so I may be going back to Aida. I did purchase some 16 count Aida for a project so I will see if I like it better.

      Delete
  2. The pheasant plates are so pretty! I'm a sucker for a good set of dishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. When I get through playing house with them, I will post a picture:)

      Delete
  3. LOVE your new plates. Gotta love those Hallmark movies!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy