Tuesday, May 3, 2016

May Cross-stitch Cottage

I have been a bit busy and almost forgot that I hadn't shared the cottage for May.
I  think it turned out to be one of my favorites thus far.


When I first looked at the photo on the pattern, I thought this might be one I would have to change the colors for. The picture looked blue instead of seafoam green/ aqua.


However, when I pulled out the colors for it, they were definitely not blue, but an aqua which I liked. Very different from the previous cottages. 

Definitely a good color choice for May.

My next statement is going to sound very school "teacherish".  I have three cottages left to cross-stitch. They are.........June, July, and August. 

I actually don't think teachers even use that phrase anymore as school times are so varied these days. My district has been in a back and forth for starting times for years now. We started late this year and don't get out to mid June. This coming year they are going back to early August for a start time.

Anyway, it doesn't matter to me----yippie.

I have really enjoyed these cottages. I have a list of things lined up to stitch after them, so this fall I guess I will have them all done and be on to other things.

Stitching up summer,
Sandy


12 comments:

  1. I love it...those are perfect May colors. Once I finish up all my planned projects I MAY tackle some cottages.lol I always make puns without realizing it!! I am working on Freedom House right now, then I plan to do the Prairie Schooler 4 seasons. I have had that graph forever and I have not stitched it, time to get busy. I plan to take my Sunny Days project to the framer this week. Can't wait to display it for summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I finish if you want my cottage patterns ...they are yours:)

      Delete
    2. Well how sweet of you Sandy!! I will have to let you see if you want any of mine...we could swap!!

      Delete
  2. Yippee is right! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the seasons like never before.

      Delete
  3. I love the red trim around the windows! Can't believe it's May. My calendar hasn't been switched over yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wrap my brain around it being May either. It is flying by! Thought it would slow down when I retired, but I think it picked up fresh wings.

      Delete
  4. The cross stitch piece is precious! As a sub at our local high school I'm counting down this last week of school!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamyra. Oh those last days are hard, probably even more so for a sub, though I can tell you that teacher appreciates you!!!

      Delete
  5. The cross stitch piece is precious! As a sub at our local high school I'm counting down this last week of school!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, how beautiful! I bought a Country Cottage Needleworks design to stitch ... I think it is a Christmas or winter one. Their designs are so adorable. Yours came out so pretty and I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have really enjoyed stitching the cottages.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy