Wednesday, May 15, 2019

A Wordplay Finish

 I put the last stitch in the June wordplay today. It is large!



I did it on 28 count and a thin weave so I will have to back it on black mat board for sure. The dimensions are 9 inches wide and 5.5 tall. I love the lettering, but it is big. I am not sure about where I will display it with it being that large.

Decisions, decisions, decisions...


On stitching notes I am getting ready to do some large pieces. I am putting my bunny with the apples on hold for a little while. I want it ready by late August, but I want to stitch a dog for my husband's birthday so that is my next project. It is small so it should be easy to get it done, and then it is on to some large pieces. I have some that I really really want to do.

I have lots of smalls done now. One day I will think to take a picture of my storage drawer for my smalls. It is getting to be a delight to open it up. I had done quite a few small pieces for fall last year and now I think I have a good bit for summer. I have some spring ones mixed in and I am not a winter stitcher. I have my one winter pillow that I place on my church pew. Between needing to tone things down after Christmas decorations and living in Florida, I just can't do snowmen. I like an empty house in January and February. 

Speaking of summer, I have not put any summer stitching out yet. I am determined not to rush the seasons anymore. It is hard when you look at the computer, but I feel like I am rushing life and not embracing it. Now, I will admit they will come out pre summer because after all I live in Florida and by the end of next week I should start feeling hot.

Of course, 
 I think we should all do what makes us happy! Life is too short to do it any other way!!!

Spring has been glorious this year. My morning walks have been amazing. 
Tucker and I just sat outside on the front driveway today soaking it up.

The view of live oaks which now have all their new leaves.




Here is the back deck tree that I showed you guys a couple of weeks ago. Full with its new leaves.


The shedding of the old and the new arrival literally happens so fast you will miss it if you don't look.

Holding onto spring,
Sandy





11 comments:

  1. A lovely finish.
    Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your tree photos! So nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting the June word play finished, Sandy! It looks super. You could always turn it into a pillow for your church pew. Your tree photos look fabulous. Isn't it amazing how quickly they change?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your finished piece!! I love photos of trees and sky! Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandy: Congratulations on the finish.
    The outdoor photos are beautify
    I have loads of finish's but have not constructed into anything, maybe Sunday would be a good day.
    I am happy you are having great weather, we are expecting storms in the early a.m.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy, oh I love your wordplay piece! What fun it must be to stitch! I'm glad you and Tucker are soaking in the sun. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am working on June as well but I changed up some of the colors. I found a tray at Hobby Lobby that I am going to mount my wordplays on, ala Priscilla. I need to sit down and do some finishing as well. I did finish one tiny piece yesterday for those tart tins I ordered from Fat Quarter Shop. I need to get out more and get some of that great vitamin D. It has almost been cold here this week...but never fear...85 most of next week so I have no excuses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The stiching is fantastic! Love the word play idea! And those oak trees are incredible! Have a great week.
    http://travelingbugwiththreeboys-kelleyn.blogspot.com/2019/05/dollywood.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, dear Sandy. I always love to see your stitching projects. I love the word play!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like your June word play! I can only imagine the time that must into creating something like that. Glad you are enjoying your walks. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your latest Word Play finish, Sandy--I still need to stitch that one. Have had them all since she published them, but have only done three. Mine would look tiny next to yours as I've stitched them all "over one" on 28 ct. so they are just small pillows. Sometimes I wish I had done them larger... I know just what you mean when you describe that happy feeling you get when you open up your drawer of small finishes :) It's so wonderful knowing you made all those things with your own two hands, isn't it?

    Love your live oak trees! I'm sure things are really heating up down your way--we are in the 70s and 80s here finally and I love it :) Enjoy your day--hugs to your sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy