Monday, October 2, 2023

A Weekend Away

 The family had a lovely weekend which is all I have to share this week. I really had planned a post about that oil painting I shared the other day and a wee bit of stitching, but I can't pull them off. Time is truly limited these days. However, the family slipped away for the weekend and it was a nice time. Not restful...not with 3 boys and 4 dogs. I wouldn't call it a lazy weekend at all, but lively and fun.

The kids and us all slipped off from work early on Friday and arrived in Auburn in time to go get pizza together. Yours truly took no pictures. My mind just couldn't keep up, so thankfully the girls and Jeff did take some. We missed an opportunity to get a big family picture together, but with 3 active boys and the dogs (one of which kept trying to escape - not Gus) I think we just rolled with the time.

The pizza place was on the quieter side of town. We love one downtown, but you couldn't get anywhere near it with Georgia being in town.


There was lots of playing outside. The boys loved the wagon. Palmer would pull it and Miles would get behind and he thought he was pushing. They worked together well. It was too warm for fires, but yet it was beautiful weather this weekend. It put me in a fall mood finally.

Here is one of them actually getting a ride.


Saturday morning the girls got this sweet picture of the boys all in their Halloween pajamas. 


In the second one, Miles is lifting his foot because he was about to be on the move.


Such joy they bring to my heart.


We sent the kids to the game together. It warms parents' hearts when your kiddos and their spouses have fun together. They pulled hard and I was so proud of Auburn. Much better vibes around town over last year. Rebulding will take time.


I timed the two little ones' naps to be at the same time and they both slept a long time, but I still had to play with Tucker. Lots of "so-called" ping pong. A lot of picking up the ball if you ask me. By the 4th quarter they were all up and Mimi had to watch because I never thought we even had a chance, so I had 4 boys tumbling all over me. Gus makes 4. If you look closely, he is holding his own with them.


Gus was a such a good dog all weekend. Maybe 6 years old was his magic age for being good:)

The next morning after Paul Allen and Katie left, Lindsay and I realized we had done an awful job with pictures, so one was captured of Mimi and PaPa and the older 2. 



I think the news from the previous post just hit us hard and we were happy to be together trying to soak up good and process things. We will be fine. Going to live the days well.


I do hope this week will give me some time soon to share some stitching and some other things. It is just busy with going and coming right now.

Not a restful weekend but a good one to set the mind on good things and embrace fall. Such a different look just 3.5 hours north of us. Sometimes I just need to go to Auburn this time of year to get in the fall mood. I am there.

See you soon hopefully,

sandy

15 comments:

  1. Lovely family photos, so sorry about your husbands diagnosis, he has great family support and I'm sure you will all rally for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie. We are feeling more positive after the weekend away as a family. Those little ones sure can cheer one up.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a great idea at this point, just get away and play a bit. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Boud. For some reason your comments don't show up in email. I was so busy after posting this that I didn't see it until tonight.

      Delete
  3. Hi Sandy: It looks like you had a very beautiful weekend, the boys are a hoot in their halloween jammies, oh so cute.
    Have a wonderful week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun and entertaining weekend. Sure wish yall could have beaten Georgia. Maybe next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful thoughts and pictures you shared, Sandy! While you said it wasn't restful, I think it was something that you and your family needed. The boys' faces along with yours are filled with joy. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful weekend! It was such a blessing that you could take this time as a family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am grateful for your little messages of ideas and prayers:)

      Delete
  7. It sounds like the weekend away was just what you needed, Sandy. There is nothing like being with family in a place you love. Those boys are just the sweetest in their Halloween PJ's. Hope you are having a good first week of October ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad y'all got to have a weekend away! The boys are just adorable as ever! Their pajamas are too stinkin' cute! And yes...live the days well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy. Hope you are doing well. I am trying to catch up with everyone tonight.

      Delete
  9. I am happy to see this post and all the great family photos! The boys are adorable!! Yes to living each day and living them well. Hugs, hugs, hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Lord brought you to mind several times over the weekend. I am so pleased that it went well, that you all are choosing to just live life well. That is the thing to do. All the pictures are great. You all look good and the grandsons are just as cute as they can be!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad to read you had a fun family get away. And to read of your attitude is helpful to me, as well. The boys do look like a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy