Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Creative and No Waste


Mama and I have been in the process of trying to clean out her garage since the passing of my step dad in May. We have had laughs and cries all at the same time. My step dad was definitely the King of handy mans. He could fix anything, and I do mean that. I have never really seen anything he couldn't fix. No need to buy something new when he could fix it:) The list could go on and on and on....trust me.

Never threw anything away either. He had a plethora of things to choose from in his three car garage to fix things with. They have a three car garage because they use to have lots of antique cars. 

Anyway, the stool caught my attention. He made it out of scrap pieces of wood and a lawn mower seat. They sold Snapper lawn mowers in their small motors business for years.

I remember seeing him sit on it, but honestly it didn't catch my attention like it did while we were cleaning the other day. You could see him working at his work bench from the kitchen window. Mama said she could see him just sitting and thinking on it many times. Later, he would have a great idea to make or repair something.

Fix = repair to non southerners.

I found an entire box of out of date cords for TVs, phones, etc. Two very old cell phones from the 1990s probably. We have a long way to go, but good memories are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy