Saturday, July 26, 2014

Visit with My Daughter

Nothing like a week late post, but that gives you some insight to the crazy week I had.

Last weekend, we visited my daughter in Jacksonville. My hubby had a conference to go to in Daytona Beach on Monday to recognize our School Resource Officers. They were being recognized as the best in the state, so he and another principal were asked to represent the district at the awards ceremony. We decided to turn it into a long weekend.

We ate at Barbara Jean's on Friday evening when we got there. It is a on the Intercoastal Waterway. Great food and a great view.
We ate on the deck. It was a nice evening.

The next morning Hubby and Son-in-law went fishing and Lindsay and I went shopping. We went downtown to an outdoor arts and farmers' market. It was a ton of fun....such unique vendors. Our favorite was a table with jewelry made from old watch pieces. The table set up caught our attention. The vendor has some quite unique things. Lindsay got some dangly earrings made from watch gears. I got some posts made from old watch faces.

The booth was really eye-catching. Leopard print bag too. Love buying original  homemade pieces. MADE IN THE  USA!

Then, we met up with the guys for a trip to Jacksonville Beach and eating out. The next morning we went to church with them.


Then off for just a boat ride with no fishing. That is really hard for Tyler (son-in-law). 


Lindsay and Hallie


Wrapped up Sunday evening eating at a TacoLulu's I believe it was called. Every kind of taco imaginable. Quite good!

We drove on to Daytona Beach Sunday evening taking the scenic route, A1A, through St. Augustine. We had gone there back during the winter and decided to go back through. We stopped at the really old tree in the Howard Johnson's parking lot. We saw it on a bus tour, but there were so many people around it that I never got a picture. We stopped and snapped a few pictures this time.




We arrived at Daytona Beach that evening. I snapped a picture of the East Coast beach.

It had rained all the way down from Jacksonville.
The next morning after Jeff left for the conference, I took a walk on the beach. It was very pretty. It is always hard not to compare other beaches to ours. I even did that when I visited Hawaii. Lovely morning.

Who can't love a walk on the beach in the morning?


Looking back at our hotel.

It was a nice weekend, but whew this week has been hectic. More posts coming later on making palm fronds for a church decorating project and my organized pantry.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy