Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas Tree 2014

I made a few changes this year to the living room tree. I saw the most wonderful tree at The Plantation House, a little boutique/gift shop in Dadeville. I bought several new ornaments and took pictures of it. I didn't necessarily want to recreate an exact replica, but I wanted to use it as inspiration to update my look. At the end of last Christmas, I knew it was time to get rid of my tree and buy a new one. I actually didn't realize how aged mine had become until I got home with the new one. I got a pre-lit tree after Christmas on sale.


The poinsettias, feathers, and red berry garland were inspired from the tree I saw.
I also added a few new ornaments from The Plantation House. The owl I got at Pier 1. My hubby fell in love with it. I actually bought it to use just as an ornament. When I went to put up my woodsy star, I realized it wouldn't fit on the new tree. I was thinking bow, when Jeff suggested I put the owl at the top. I didn't think it would work, but I loved it. The kids said it looked like a Harry Potter tree, so the owl has been named Hedwig. 

Here are some closeups.


Hedwig on guard. Actually, there is an owl that comes every night to the pine tree right out the window. I am always trying to get a closer look at him. Whooooo knows...maybe he will come closer to see Hedwig?


Every ornament on the tree is special. I love to add to new ones. They often tell a story of our lives. There are three in the above photo from mine and my hubby's childhood. They truly are vintage. Can you find them?


There is another one from my childhood in this picture. I loved the Merry Christmas with the pinecones. That is one of the new ones.


Lindsay bought me the one that says, "I love you to the moon and back" last year. I love all things space. That was sweet of her.



The Auburn tree will be posted soon!

I love Christmas trees, and I must say I adore pre-lit trees. 
Sandy


Linking up with 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy