Tuesday, September 22, 2020

A Touch of Fall

 Let's look at some fall decor. I am doing much less these days, but it doesn't mean I don't love fall. I love it so much. The colors are so warm. I am such a blue and green person, but yet I love the oranges and yellows of fall. 

Had I not put some of it our early I don't think I would have much to show. Early worked in my favor this year. I was cleaning before we went on our trip and just started pulling things out and placing them. I came back to worry of the storm, so I had trouble doing the remainder.

I am starting in the kitchen with one of the first things I changed out and I must say every single time I walk by it I smile. That is the goal..huh?!



The sampler crow is mine, but the sweet little Be Blessed was done sweet Carol. I had the bunny with apples and sunflowers out with these sunflower/black eyed Susans in August and early September. These just went perfectly with these flowers. 

The table is all set with its fall napkins and orange candles. I change out the napkins and candles almost monthly. 



I just love the candle holders. I got them in Auburn. After the infamous poisoning of our beloved live oaks on Toomer's Corner many of the local stores had some oak collections. I bought these candle holders and some earrings. I originally pulled them out for fall and football season and then one day it dawned on me that they could be displayed all year long considering that my yard and street are full of live oaks.



The kitchen window got its usual acorns, ribbon, and crows which are impossible to photograph. They are always shadows in photographs but quite lovely in person.



In the living room, I have added some fall to the coffee table and some candle votives and flowers on the end tables. It is time to start lighting the room in the evenings with some candles.


Gus, the springer seems to have outgrown thinking the items on the coffee table were put there for him to play with. Finally! Those flowers were in the kitchen last year. I ended up ordering a new creamer from my dishes from eBay. It is the perfect size for a few little flowers. I always had one, but when I put the sunflowers in the other one,  I had no other thing that was just the right size for the old flowers. I was lucky to find the creamer on eBay for a real good price. 



I added some feathers in a plastic cup on my bookcase and added some stitches in on the bookcases. There is one at the top and the bottom on one side and one hanging in the center.




I added another stitch at the top on the other side and you can see that Deb and Liz kept me company while cleaning today. Their videos are rather long, so I usually have to watch in increments. However, they made good cleaning buddies today.



Moving on to the dining room. I bought some more flowers to do Mother an arrangement. She had really liked the ones on the coffee table last year and they were out when I went back to get her some. She seemed totally uninterested this year, so I just put them in my dining room. She is changing and seems to forget what she liked from season to season and also seems to need less out for display.



I added the pumpkins that were on the table last year to the side table, but I don't know that I love them here. I love them. They are one of my favorite decorations, but I can always change it out.

In the hallway, I added a stitch and a pumpkin.



In the foyer, I added some real and faux leaves, acorns, pinecones, etc. 


Getting a close up I realized I was working way too hard to get that picture.



Now, for some REAL cuteness. My daughter is one who doesn't usually decorate a day before October 1st, texted the other day saying she thought she would go ahead and decorate. Of course, I told her to go for it. She sent pictures but she had Tucker pose for them. You hardly notice her cute decorations for looking at that sweet Tucker. Spoken like a true grammie.




I will add some different things in mid October and then again in November, but for now I am enjoying the fall. We have not had a sunny day in over a week, but we have some glorious temperatures the last three days, so it actually makes me feel like fall.

I will be back with a stitching post next week. We have a birthday celebration for my daughter and are also planning to go to Auburn for the weekend.

Feeling like fall,
Sandy


10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, that sweet Tucker has gotten so big!! You are right... who want to look at decorations when Tucker is in the picture?! But I did enjoy seeing your Fall colors around the house and like your coffee table the best!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your little fall/autumn touches here and there. They are lovely and not overwhelming...just perfect! And yes, that Tucker is the cutest decoration of all! I did like your selfie in the mirror, however. I have done a couple of those too when trying to take pictures of things. Make the photo more friendly and human and not so magazine perfect! Enjoy your daughter's birthday and weekend at Auburn. I hope you will take pictures there too! I hope the weather will be fallish!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your home is so warm and welcoming. I love the fall decorations and the rich autumn colors.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know... Those yellow and orange autumny colors work really well with your new seagrass colored couch, and is that a gray-green you have your kitchen walls painted? It's a perfect backdrop for autumn. For every season, I imagine. It all looks so fresh and pretty. Enjoy your weekend at Auburn and your daughter's birthday celebration! Looking forward to seeing those pictures, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. How pretty, Sandy! It must feel so good to have a clean house and fall deco everywhere. Now treat yourself to something pumpkin spice. ;-)

    Tucker is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy: You have a talent for decorating, very pretty settings.
    I agree looking at the decorations your daughter did are lovely but seeing that sweet little guy is so cute, what a beautiful smile he has.
    Have a great day.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. And the oranges and yellows of fall are an awesome accent to the blues and greens you adore! :-) There are some flosstubes that I either watch while stitching or in increments (like you). They are ALL very enjoyable.....but, I was never one to sit and watch tv for lengths of time either..... half hour tops. Thank you for sharing all of your autumn decorations... I am now inspired to adorn my home with those oranges and yellows.... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy, I enjoyed having a tour of your fall décor. Truly enjoyable! Glad to hear that Gus doesn't deem the 'stuff' on the coffee table his toys any longer. What adorable pictures of Tucker. Your daughter's fall décor looks super.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, aside from the ever-adorable Tucker, your home is looking so pretty for fall, Sandy. Glad to see my little Blessed Be pillow out, too :) I had to laugh when I saw the feathers in the cup as my husband just found two very large turkey feathers in my yard and brought them in for me. I need to read about cleaning them up before I put them on display, though. Hope your daughter had a wonderful birthday and enjoy your Auburn home this weekend! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for the Autumn home tour. You have such lovely, classy taste.

    Tucker and his mom have done a nice job in their home, too!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy