Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Weekend Wrap-up and Stitching Progress

 My post is slim pickings today. We did go to Auburn for the weekend and I took no pictures. I just didn't get around to it. I did enjoy the trip and I even got to wear some pants and a short sleeved shirt for most of the weekend....it was just a wee bit cooler over the weekend. 

Lindsay shared the following picture and a wonderful video of Tucker doing our Auburn chant...Waaaaaar Eagle, Hey! He was adorable.



I can truly say having SEC football back was wonderful!!!!!!! For just a few hours on Sunday it ALMOST seemed normal. 
Not completely, because what it felt like was an away game in Auburn rather than a home game. We watched from our home and could hear a bit of stadium action but even that was a lot softer with only 17,000 in the stadium.

I am really just glad it is happening though.

I must say that one thing that can come out of 2020 for me is that football season can start a little later in September like it did back in the 1970s. Go back to 10 games a season and start mid to late September and just add some extra games to the playoffs is WHAT I SAY! I seriously doubt anyone is listening or cares.

I do have a picture to note in my blog. The man on the right below is our head coach, Gus Malzahn. He is dressed like one of our great former coaches who died this year, Pat Dye. I could not love this tribute that Gus did for Coach Dye. I somehow think Coach Dye would have loved this. He made that striped tie famous in Auburn. It looks just like Coach Dye.

The picture came from Twitter.

We ate out both evenings in town outside with good friends and then ordered food to eat at game time, so no cooking was done, but I really want to go again soon and cook some soup, light a fire, and sit outside all day. It was not cool enough for the fire yet.

Lindsay had a birthday on Friday and we celebrated on Sunday evening.
I did manage to get a photo of her with the pie she requested. 


We all piled up in the kitchen rather than the dining room this year, so Tucker wanted to sit on the stool with Grammie. That was fine with me! 
When I got up to get the pie server out of the drawer behind us, he also decided turn around and see what he could did out of the drawer.


He is getting so big and we will be celebrating his second birthday next month.

That was the weekend wrap-up...now onto stitching progress.

I have been stitching on three things. It is almost making me crazy. I had to wait on floss to come in to start the Liberty Sampler, but I did get a start on it.




I have made a small bit of progress on the heron. It isn't going to seem like much for awhile, since I started at the bottom and am doing the water and water lilies.



I am also still working on my flowers. This one is a Cherokee Rose and I also had to wait on a floss color for it, so the month of September was a lot of waiting. Patience and gratefulness for floss that could be ordered were the words of September.



I woke up to a little cool this morning and it feels amazing. I might even get to wear long sleeves today, but either way there will be some time spent outside walking, bike riding, or puttering in my flowers for certain.

The flowers are in need of attention and turning to fall and winter flowers thoughts and planning.

Happy day all,
Sandy


14 comments:

  1. It sounded like you had a great weekend at the Auburn house, Sandy. I think football season is going to be weird in 2020, but at least they are able to play some. The pictures of Tucker are precious. Your stitches look good. Have a super week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad for the student athletes and just students that they are playing, but yes, it is just plain weird like the rest of 2020.

      Delete
  2. Glad it is cooling off a bit down your way, Sandy. It took a big turn here last night and we are now down in the 50s and low 60s--true October weather. That must be so nice to be thinking of winter flowers. What do you plant in the cooler months?

    I am in shock that Tucker is almost two! Oh, my goodness--where has that tiny baby gone? I know every stage is a delight, though, and he sure is a cutie.

    Lovely projects you have started. Hope you have a wonderful October! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every stage is truly wonderful.
      I am able to do pansies and violas in winter here. It rarely gets below freezing and when it does it is only for an hour right at sunrise. Pansies in full sun seem to work well for my zone.

      Delete
  3. Tucker is changing in his look. He's growing up! Still adorable. :) Enjoy that cool weather. We're in the 60's this week and it is glorious. I'm curious, too, what sort of gardening you do in the fall and even winter months. You've probably got a post around here about it, but it would be interesting to read (again). :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am able to grow pansies and violas during the winter months. I will usually do them when my summer plants go kaput from the cold and they will go through March when it gets too hot for them. I say hip hip hooray for pansies.

      Delete
  4. We are looking forward to cooler temps tomorrow and Thursday, with lower humidity which is really the blessing! Tucker has grown since the last photo I saw! He looks more like three years old instead of not quite two yet! Little man! Glad you had a good weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to wear some sleeves today. Felt awesome. Thinking it warms back up tomorrow though.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great weekend and lots of fun with family and Tucker! What a cutie pie he is!! Of course he pulled out the ice cream scoop!! Smart kid!! I hope we will get some cooler weather. It is rainy this evening and maybe that is a cool front coming through? I hope so! I am SO ready for fall to really get here!! Enjoy the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he did reach for the ice cream scoop. I am really ready for some fall weather too.

      Delete
  6. What a precious Tiger cub! Great start on the sampler. War Eagle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Tucker just gets cuter and cuter. And happy birthday to Lindsay. I was watching parts of the Auburn game on tv and one of the announcers was telling how they loved Chicken Fried Bacon from Acre and proceeded to eat some on tv. It made me think of you as I know Acre is your favorite restaurant. Loving all your stitching. Isn't it frustrating waiting for just one floss to arrive? I am loving my sampler stitching. Since I have so many seasonal things I may just move on to samplers in the future. Well of course that is a futile plan as I am like a squirrel and run after anything that looks good.lol Glad you had a nice time in Auburn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a fun post, Sandy. Tucker just gets cuter and cuter. He is looking so grown up for his age.

    Your weekend sounds relaxing and like a nice change for you.

    Loved seeing your stitching and especially the Cherokee Rose. I think my enthusiasm for cross stitch is returning a bit. I've gotten my granddaughters Julia (14) and Emily (12) into it by giving them pdfs of a summer sampler and all of the floss and Aida to do the stitch. They are having stitch-alongs on FaceTime. I'm doing the same sampler myself and so we motivate one another. Seeing various autumn pieces on Instagram has made me take a look at some of my older charts and magazines to see what I might do. Of course, you and Arlene have also inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tucker is so cute! And look how much he has grown! WOW! The weather changed and it's so beautiful this week! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy