Saturday, August 26, 2017

A Very Quick Post

I finished my third Autumn small yesterday.


It was definitely a lot of color changing. Six colors in the corn, but I think it turned out well. 

I started the pumpkins, the final one last night. I hope to whip through it by Monday evening and then  finished them in some way to display in mid September. I am going to add a few little pillows other than cross stitching, an idea I got from Mrs. T. At least, that is what is swimming in my head right now.

I am really over the hot, but not necessarily the colors of summer. I am loving my table right now. I purchased me a dozen roses this week. I have not had much in the way of blooms in my yard. The heavy rains have pelted any blooms or the hot humid weather has kept them from blooming. Everything green is lush though.


I will miss this table, but plan to change it out soon for game day colors and then fall. Bring on some football.

One last look.


Headed to the farm for the morning. I think I am going to have pecans this year.

Nutty,
Sandy

10 comments:

  1. Your corn cross stitch is great, Sandy. You'll be so happy to have that when you decorate for fall. I'm with you...the heat is getting old but I don't like it when the beautiful green of summer goes away. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am needing to do some serious yard work, but I have just not been able to take it for some reason this month. I am hoping to head out there in dig in next week, and see if I can get some of my blooming plants ready for fall.

      Delete
  2. The corn looks fabulous. I hate so many color changes but it really "makes" so many project!! They look like works of art. Have fun at the farm...yay for pecans!! It has been cool in the mornings here recently and highs just in the 80s so hang on...autumn is coming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will even be glad for those temps. The Gulf has just brought in a ton of heat and humidity all summer even though we didn't have a hurricane. Considering what Texas is going through right now, I am just going to quit complaining and say prayers. All summer there has been rain from Pensacola to just past Destin even when it wasn't anywhere else. I know if you could exclude the hurricanes, that this would be the record breaking summer of rain.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your corn finish! It turned out lovely. Enjoy your trip to the farm along with the rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Robin. Hopefully, I will stop long enough to post some pictures this week.

      Delete
  4. Love your corn finish Sandy...all of the colors really pop. I'm ready for some college football too. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, RJ. This house is ready for football to begin as well. We have season tickets to our dear Auburn, but we won't go to the first two. Just too hot...the kids will get those.

      Delete
  5. I can't wait for fall and hanging some corn cobs on my door. Your corn cob stitch is sweet, how are you planning on finishing it? Such a pretty table setting, it's always so nice to treat ourselves to fresh flowers. Mary@stitchingfriendsforever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mary, I will be ready for some cooler mornings, but I think they are a good ways off for me. I am not sure how I will finish them, but I think little pillows for a basket.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy