Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Prayers

Another quick drop in this morning. I have a very busy day ahead, but wanted to give you a quick update on things.

Our niece, her hubby and kids had to evacuate by boat last night around 11:00 from the north Houston area. They live in the Spring, Texas area. Y'all, it so sad what is happening there. You have met Kristan and her family on the blog here on holidays. I know I had pictures at Thanksgiving. They were here this summer, but I don't think I posted pictures. They had no idea there house would ever be in danger. It happened quickly. She said the water was halfway up the drive way yesterday evening, and they were getting concerned. They were on an island. She is used to hurricanes having grown up here, but this is rain like no one can imagine. They had to leave everything behind, cars, etc. Hoping it will end soon.

PRAY PEOPLE!

I have made up my mind to get all my emergency preps in order today. I am always somewhat prepared, but going to step it up a notch today in light of there still being activity in the Gulf as well as something in the Atlantic that could get in the Gulf. Headed to the gas station as soon as I post.

Leave you with a happy picture.



I will get slowed down on my finish today, but that is ok.

Priorities in order,
Sandy


3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear this and will keep them in my prayers. It's far reaching and now they are giving us more about other places like the towns in Louisiana. I have lots of family in Texas but none have been affected yet. Love your pretty stitching...Fall designs are so cute! And yes, we made some extra preparations this season too. Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have friends in Spring as well!! So scary. You get busy getting ready just in case. We are supposed to have rain tomorrow and Thursday from Harvey. Seven inches is forecast which does not seem like much compared to 50" but it will flood some of our lower areas. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for your niece and her family along with all the people and communities being affected by Harvey. Your pumpkin piece is coming along.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy