Monday, August 14, 2017

Stitching Progress and Doggy Play

I worked on my autumn small #2 this weekend. They may be small but not so quick. There are lots of color changes which is good for making them pretty, but definitely makes for a slower project.


I think I am still on target for finishing them by September. Arlene @ Nanaland put me on a LED lamp for my stitching. I had looked at those expensive ones, but could never make myself pay that much for them. This is a cheap Walmart lamp, but it works great. It has made a huge difference at night. The sunflowers for instance have 4 colors and it is hard to see the difference in the evening. I have a light on my magnifier, but even the pattern is so small that the lamp made a huge difference.

That is what I love about blogs. I learn so much from others.

In other news, Lemony, the Golden and Gus, the puppy Springer became play pals on Friday morning. I don't know what clicked, but I turned around and they were on the floor living it up. Lemony rolls over on her back and he just climbs and rolls all over her. Lemony can control him with one paw and if he gets to close to her mouth with his razor teeth she just growls. He backs up and then finds another location to pounce. They have literally played all weekend. Made this doggy mama happy happy happy.

That is all for this morning.
Sandy

11 comments:

  1. The sunflower small is looking so nice, Sandy. Yes, one can see that there are lots of color changes, but it's looking beautiful.

    I'm going to check into getting one of those lamps like Arlene's, too. My aging eyes need all the help they can get, and the price is certainly right. I so hope to get back into cross-stitching if things ever settle down for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lamp was definitely a good thing. I had looked at those $100. ones and just couldn't see that. Arlene got me on those Q-snaps too. Things had changed since I first started stitching back in the early 80's.

      Delete
  2. That lamp is a life saver isn't it ....Glad the pups are enjoying each other!! Gives you some more stitching time. BTW, what is the pattern with the Sunflowers? Love it. I just won the Prairie Schooler Sunflower Santa. I may stitch him for next Summer. ( Christmas in July!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen the PS Santa with sunflowers. He would be great for summer. I will send you an email about the pattern. It was in a magazine.

      Delete
  3. Your sunflower piece is looking good; love the colors used. So happy to hear that Lemony and Gus are becoming pals and playmates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Robin, I love your sweet comments. Keep them coming:)

      Delete
  4. I love this. I may have to look into a lamp. I found you through Stacey. She knows so many great bloggers. I'll be following along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Katie,
      Isn't Stacey the sweetest? I am glad you stopped by. I am a slower stitcher than lots of others out there, but I post what I stitch. Glad to have you following.

      Delete
  5. Hi Sandy,
    I had no idea that you had a blog. I happily found it tonight. I look forward to reading all of your posts. I love the sunflower you are stitching now...great colors. It will be lovely. Just got home after six weeks out west and have alot of catching up to do. I signed up to follow and will add your blog to our blog roll. The lamps sound wonderful...I will have to look into one too. Thanks for the tip. RJ@stitching friends forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you found me RJ. Have fun getting back into the swing of things at home.

      Delete
    2. your all piece are very charming and stunning i thought i have for taking more ideas should have to search to more ideas about ebooks place
      . Thanks!

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy