Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Sometimes Our Minds Need Rest

I had planned to do a post all about the new "Auburn house" today. We just got back yesterday evening from our new adventure.

My devotional this morning was just perfect FOR this morning, so I am sharing some thoughts related to that. Having the "vacation home" is about finding some rest time.

Here are a few lines from my devotional.

"Sometimes we need a place to go and lift up our worries and fears and grievances and allow God to shift our perspective. And sometimes we just need to rest because, if we're going to be renewed, we have to be kind to our soul. We can't just keep going through the motions, pretending like it's all okay when it's not. It's okay to say we're tired and need a break." ---Melanie Shankle (Everyday Holy)


Psalm 77:11-13 says...
I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds. Your ways, God, are holy. what god is as great as our God?


You know...you won't say things like David says in the above verses if you are constantly running running running. You will become tired from serving others and start having a big old pity party for yourself if you don't give yourself some needed rest. I am not quite sure I gave myself the much needed rest this weekend that the "new second home" will eventually provide, but it is coming. The Lord met me about halfway through the weekend with a little reminder of what my goals are and to be MYSELF!!! Maybe more about that later😊

Stopping and giving yourself some sabbath time and quiet time helps you remember just how great God is and how blessed you are.

Food for thought this Tuesday morning. I will be back soon with updates and catch up with all my blog reading later today.

I will leave you with a few pictures from some quiet time I did have at the "new place" (looking for a name)...

Lemony is grounding or earthing. Have y'all read about that? Very interesting.
The dogs shared my love of the side patio and had some quiet time with me in the mornings.

Looks like Gus is praying with me.



Have a blessed day,
Sandy




7 comments:

  1. Sandy, thank you for sharing your devotional this AM. It was a good reminder to hit the pause button and let mind and body rest. Your patio looks like a perfect place to 'just be'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing some of your devotional with us. I don't have as much trouble with quiet time...or time for myself. My problem is not using my quiet time to worry! lol I could do better with that! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking this morning that I am very blessed to have two homes. We do love the serenity of Grimmwood and we finally got ourselves recliners for the living room. We needed comfy chairs and our friends business is shutting down so we got two recliners for the price of one here in Decatur. And they are Leather! I told Marvin my behind might grow to the chair as I did a lot of sitting and stitching. But as you say, we are at the season of life where we can enjoy some down time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Sometimes we need a place to go and lift up our worries and fears and grievances and allow God to shift our perspective. And sometimes we just need to rest because, if we're going to be renewed, we have to be kind to our soul. We can't just keep going through the motions, pretending like it's all okay when it's not. It's okay to say we're tired and need a break." ---Melanie Shankle (Everyday Holy)

    I am printing this out Sandy. I needed this today...thank you so much. I look forward to seeing more photos of the Auburn home after you take time out too. RJ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like this: "...if we're going to be renewed, we have to be kind to our soul." You are so right. It's not selfish of us to do what renews us.

    A praying dog... we should all be so blessed! (smile)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great food for thought, Sandy. Oh, that rooster mug! My mom has several like it in her kitchen. Love it. :-) Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love roosters. I try not to go overboard with them.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy