Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Thanksgiving Week Recap Part 3 Final

I know everyone has moved onto Christmas and that is coming tomorrow, but I must document the final installment of my wonderful week with family.

WARNING: photo overload

We traveled to the Auburn house on Friday morning. We stopped for a quick trip in Montgomery to get a Christmas gift that we had trouble getting here. Mother graciously stayed in the truck with the dogs. Just wait to hear about dogs:)

Arriving in Auburn I was greeted with such beautiful leaves everywhere. Growing up most of my life in the very Deep South, my usual views have been the piney woods of south Alabama and the beaches of the panhandle of Florida. Just a quick drive to Auburn gives me such delight with the variety of trees. I have to pinch myself sometimes that I get to have my two loves....beach and a different scene without the drastic change with Auburn.




I walked through leaves everywhere just to hear the crunch. I remember my first fall in Auburn way back when. I fell in love with the sound.

Now, mostly I was just a happy camper for the weekend because I had both my kids in the same house. We also had 5 dogs. Yes, you read that right - 5 dogs! I have to tell you that they were amazing and all behaved very well. The biggest problem was the mess around the water bowl. The weather was glorious so we spent time outside and that helped.

Lindsay and Tyler just have the one dog, Hallie, the Boykin who is the smallest and a complete Diva. She opted for laps to site in whenever possible. 
Paul Allen and Katie have two dogs. Katie had a Boxer named Reece (think Reece's pieces for her coloring) when they met and they have acquired the Bluetick named Dansby after an Atlanta Braves player. 
And then of course, we have Lemony and Gus.

Friday evening we made a fire again. Dogs ran around in the leaves and got rid of some energy before retiring for the night. IT was decided Friday night was the night for campfire because tomorrow was rivalry Saturday and we would want to watch all the other games that night.

Scenes following from Friday night.

Lindsay, Tucker, and Paul Allen

Lindsay, Tucker, Hallie, and Gus

Paul Allen and Katie

Tyler trying to eat pizza with 5 dogs wanting some. Reece's nose is missing from the picture  but she was there.


 Saturday morning Jeff went and got breakfast for us so we could all sleep in IF that is possible with 5 dogs. 


After breakfast,






I am not sure Mother felt all that great over the weekend but she did enjoy the kids. She was inside when we tried to take family pictures before the kids left for the game.

Here are some of the pictures taken.

Lindsay, Tyler, Tucker and Hallie


Paul Allen and Katie with Reece and Dansby.
We tried to set a timer on the phone and take a family picture. You can see we weren't all that successful, but I love all the pictures nonetheless because they are the wonderful moments of family time. When you look back at the family photo albums these will be a lot more fun than the perfect we NEVER got.



Gus was not cooperating my eyes were closed.



The kids headed off to the game and Jeff, Mother and me stayed back to keep Tucker.

Here are the kids at the game. It warms a mother's heart to see her kids have fun together. 


We did win for those who didn't spend Saturday watching football.
The Palmers were all happy. We do remember though it is only football. 

I gave Tucker a bath and sat outside on the porch waiting for his parents to get home. They thought they were doing the right thing by borrowing a parking pass from a friend. It turns out we watched everyone arrive home but them. It took them much longer to get home. Should have just walked. 

I gave Tucker his evening bottle. We are trying to wean him off, but he is a bit reluctant. Jeff snapped this picture of us.




Next morning Jeff again went to get us all breakfast. It rained overnight and cleaned up Toomer's Corner. I thought this was a wonderful photo. Jeff can take such good pictures.

Samford Hall in the background - an Auburn icon.

A picture of Mother on Sunday just before we left.


She is not a dog person, so it is always funny to me that all the dogs are drawn to her.


I will leave you with one last thing. For those who watch football yourselves or it is on with your husbands.... the Auburn - Alabama thing can be way over the top. It is a bit different down here in the south and this one rivalry is crazier than most. Family member against family member. It is kinda real all the stuff you read about to an extent unfortunately HOWEVER there are some of who keep in the right place. 
Just football -

Here is a better picture of how I feel.


Jesus is Lord indeed! The week has been over and I in full on loving Christmas so future posts will be just that. 

I hope to keep up some of this regular posting for a wee bit longer. It is time to talk Christmas.

In Christ,
Sandy









9 comments:

  1. Great family pictures....and let that baby have that nighttime bottle for a little while longer...such sweet memories of my grands at that age and they loved to be held.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandy: This is a fun post, everyone looks so happy.
    Galu looks like a very sweet man.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. "When you look back at the family photo albums these will be a lot more fun than the perfect we NEVER got." Oh, Sandy... this is so true. And so good to remember. But I've gotta say, even in your imperfect pictures you all look really good! I loved this post. So much good stuff here. And that is one awesome "fire pit". Really beautiful. :) Oh... and Tucker looks so squishy soft in that picture with you. What sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becki, it is true that the candid shots are often the best ones in the albums. The fire pit is really neat. Doesn't leave a ton of ash either. New fangled:)

      Delete
  4. That was an exciting game, to be sure, clear to the end. You are right on all points but I have to admit, when we moved to the South from out West, the college football rivalry here really opened my eyes. As you said, it's real.

    Loved all the pictures of your beautiful family, even with the imperfections. They record precious memories, every one of them.

    We have been thrilled to see how Tua uses his football as a platform to share his trust in Jesus Christ. We all have a platform, including our blogs, to help people see our Lord more clearly.

    Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I smiled all the way through this post, Sandy! Five dogs and so many loved ones! Noise, activity, babies being fed... so many blessings! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun post! And the "Just football" was a blessing to read also.

    Love that early morning photo that your hubby took. Lots of atmosphere there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing better than the family all together, dogs and all!!! Such a nice photo of Tucker and you relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a delightful family Thanksgiving, Sandy. Not sure I could take five dogs--I'm afraid of big dogs :( Loved seeing glimpses of your celebration! Hope your countdown to Christmas is going well.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy