Monday, March 15, 2021

Spring and Airplanes

 This past week had glorious weather and I made the most of it. Lots of time walking, puttering around in the yard to see what I need to do to get things looking good. The azaleas are starting to bloom all down the street. Mine are about two days away from full on explosion.


The lemon tree is loaded with buds. See the little purple things?!


We have an orange tree in a pot. It was at my son's house and not doing well, so they got another one, but I wanted to save this one. I have! IT is loaded with buds, but I have no where to plant it. Jeff says it will get too big to put right near where it is obviously loving life. 

It is loaded in buds too.


I drove out to walk on the beach Friday morning. It was still early and a bit hazy when I arrived, but warm.


This was me coming down from the board walk. There were red flags so the surfers were out. There were a good many families pouring out by the time I left. Red flags means no swimming, so I hope all listened.

Those who surf generally know what how to handle it.



It was a wee chilly still in the water.


Some jellyfish were out too.


Saturday morning, I went with Lindsay and Tucker to the Eglin Armament Museum. Tyler had to go out of town a week ago on business and flew. Lindsay and Tucker drive by one local airport on the way home each day so Tucker has become crazy about planes.

When he comes to my house we drive by the larger airport and the museum and of course, jets fly over my house daily multiple times. We took him as a very little one, but this time he loved it. He wanted to see every plane and to know its name. He would repeat it when you told him and then want to see the next one. We walked around the entire property doing just that.







When we went inside he was only interested in the planes, so I asked Lindsay if I could buy him a plane in the gift shop. She said, yes. He had the most fun picking it out. He had a hard time deciding between an F-15 or one of the older WWII planes. He was so cute in the museum that he actually got quite a bit of attention for his excellent behavior. That made Mama and Mimi very proud.

You can see he chose a WWII plane...a Spitfire.


Time for a nap then.

Saturday afternoon, Jeff and I took the boat out for the first time in '21.

I gotta tell you that was fun and a little hard at the same time. Lemony loved to go on boat rides. She was Captain for several years and Gus was her Co-Captain. Now, it is his job all alone.




Spring is here. Yippie!

I am headed to get my first dose of the vaccine this morning, so freedom is around the corner.







11 comments:

  1. Sandy: Tucker is so adorable, I think you may have a future pilot in the family.
    Beautiful spring photos.
    I am deathly afraid of jelly fish, I have heard such horrible things about them.
    Snowing here again, just when we thought spring was upon us.
    Have a lovely day

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, more snow?! I was so ready for spring this year for some reason; more so than others past. 

      Delete
  2. I loved reading about Tucker's fascination with airplanes! So wonderful that you have the museum nearby and I know he'll spend many happy hours with his new plane from you :)

    Loved seeing your photos of the beach (except for the jellyfish--eek!) and they are getting me excited for our trip to San Diego and then next month to FL. So nice to feel safe enough to fly again now that I'm vaccinated. Good luck with your first one! My oldest is getting his on Thursday, too. Enjoy your week, Sandy ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you are ready for the traveling time. I think we have all been cooped up even long enough that it might have stirred a need to get out even for introverts. Tucker should have had a transportation themed room. He loved boats first, then trains, then cars, and now planes. I love our museum. It is small but very good for kids. For years, some of the teachers who loved aviation took their kids there and did stations around the museum. Everything from dropping our small parachutes we made off the balcony and doing all sorts of tests, building the tallest towers, using a box fan to fly into the headwinds like Doolittle, to measuring the planets' distance. I was one of the initial teachers who got it going and was featured in a video with my class for ages on the website. Our school system now has a STEM school and the kids just visit it now, but it was so much fun doing the activities on site. I am sending my love for all of it to Tucker and hopefully future grandkids.

      Delete
  3. Love the pretty blooms, the beach and that cutie pie with his airplane. Little boys are so precious. He lives in the perfect place to enjoy all the air craft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The street is about to be a show stopper with azaleas this week. I am so glad Tucker loves all things airplane. That makes me very happy.

      Delete
  4. What an optimistic and lovely post. Complete with Tucker again, looking all dreamy with his new Spit, no doubt doing rolls in it..lovely plants. And the shore!! here it's so cold I can't think of it yet. But I'm happy you went and enjoyed the day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh... such sweet photos of Tucker and Gus! Nice to get out on the water, I'm sure. Fruit trees blooming - hooray! Hope you find a place to plant the orange tree and be careful of those jellyfish! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tucker looks so happy, even if he is a bit "tuckered out". Love the airplane! What a treasure!! Oh, walking on the beach looks so wonderful, but yes, watch out for those jellyfish. I know you know that. The problem is spotting them before they hit you...wow. Oh, I know that boat ride was bittersweet for you, but Gus looks so pretty up there in front. I am sure he was happy to be out in the fresh air too. And your azaleas will be gorgeous! They are really blooming around here...so full and beautiful this year! Happy Springtime!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhhhh.... azaleas, lemons and the water! Happy days ahead! Tucker is a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally enjoyed this post although I don't know how I missed it when it came out. The museum looks fabulous. Enjoy your azaleas and the fresh beach air, Sandy!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy