Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Stitching: A Bunny and Some Samplering

 I did complete one more bunny for my basket. I feel like spring is the area where I need more stitches for my basket in the future, but hey -that just gives me more to do.



This bunny was in the current issue of Just Cross Stitch magazine. I decided to get a year's digital subscription to see if I would stitch enough to be worth it. We will see:)

He was called a Vintage Easter Bunny and I think that is a good fit for him.




I think he looks a little bit like a donkey. Here is a picture from the pattern. As you can see the colors seem much lighter than mine. I had to make one color change but it was in the eggs, so I guess they lightened the picture.

Just Cross Stitch magazine


I think he is a cutie though. I have a few other bunny patterns I found, but I will wait until next year for them. I am a person who likes to stitch smalls just before the season, but as it nears I fizzle and am on to the next season.

Here he is ready to hop into the basket on Thursday and the strip of fabric next to him is what I used to back him with. It was in my stash and just right. I also stuffed him with sawdust. That vintage vibe just made me want to do sawdust.



I have also worked on Let Freedom Ring. I got those vines straightened out. My goal for March is to finish the wording and the pot for the flower on the right and that will be it. I will not lie...I have lost my mojo for this piece. I want it finished, but I don't want to stitch it. That must be why so many have a ton of projects going. I am typically a one large and a small or two a month kind of girl until that large piece is finished. I have two big pieces going with this one and the heron and it is not good for me. I also have a project in my head that is dying to come out.



I think I am going to get my heron done because that is who I am ...a finisher. 

That is it for my little stitching post this time.

Hippity Hoppity, Easter is on its way and I can't wait,

Sandy

15 comments:

  1. Oh, your little bunny is so adorable, Sandy. I just love those old vintage postcards and he reminds me of one of them. I think I have a similar chart in my stash somewhere that I've always meant to stitch. You'll have to let me know about JCS magazine. I subscribed years ago, but haven't seen it in a few years. I used to look at it when I worked at the library, but rarely found anything I wanted to stitch.

    I understand you being tired of that massive piece. It really will be a masterpiece when it's done, but, oh, the time it takes. I need the instant gratification of smalls, I guess :) Looking forward to seeing more of your heron. Happy Easter--I'll be with my sweet boy in California. Can't wait! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided to the digital version because it is much less expensive. I will do one year only to see if I like and then I will report back:)
      You enjoy that sweet boy.

      Delete
  2. Love your bunny finish! And I actually prefer yours over the magazine's paler version. Land That I Love is looking good. Perhaps give it a weekend slot or "x" amount of time per month and then work on other things. It might take longer for a finish, but maybe it will help you get it finished versus hating every stitch. Looking forward to seeing your Heron piece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of that idea just yesterday. I think I will do a Sunday work on it. It is going to take a long time no matter how I choose to do it, so maybe if I just give it a little time I will get far enough to get motivated again.

      Delete
  3. Oh, I love the bunny! He can just hippity hop on down here for a visit on Easter if he wants... and bring us some pretty colored eggs!! He is really cute. You are amazing! I don't know how you do those so quickly. I can't wait to see the finished Heron. I know he will be very stately and strong. I love to see our herons here on our pond. Keep up the good work, but don't burn yourself out!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love to stitch and it is what I do in the evenings when the TV is on, but that large one has gotten me. I think I just need to sit it aside for now.

      Delete
  4. I love the Easter Bunny AND Let Freedom Ring! Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little bunny is so cute. A lovely pillow finish.
    Wonderful progress on your WIP.
    Have a nice week. Manuela

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is a handsome hare! The magazine picture was most likely taken under super bright lighting. Either way, yours stitched up beautifully! Nice to see you stitching on Let Freedom Ring! I best get mine set up in the frame, or I'll never get it displayed on the wall.... lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right about the lighting. I will need to keep that in mind going forward, although I liked how mine turned out. That Let Freedom Ring is huge. I think I need to take Robin's advice and just give a day to him to get my mojo back.

      Delete
  7. Oh, the second bunny is as cute as the first. I love how you finished this stitch. And your Let Freedom Ring is really coming along! I hope you thoroughly appreciate that after your last post, a day or two later, I did go ahead an order a subscription to Just Cross Stitch magazine (by mail). I decided to go for 2-years when I realize that made each magazine around $2.50. If I never stitch a thing from them, I'll surely get $2.50 worth of pleasure just flipping through each one. At least that's how I justified it. The online subscription is a bargain - with access to so many patterns. I just wanted the pleasure of a piece a monthly mail coming in for just me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided the online version was a bargain too. I hope I will at least find one thing to stitch from each magazine then I will feel it was worth it. I miss the old Leisure Arts magazines from the old days. Those were the ones that I found I kept copies of. I need to have less stuff so I will definitely only print a pattern out if I am going to stitch. I may even save the magazines on a jump drive so I don't take up space on the computer. I did think the bunny was kind of vintage and original looking.

      Delete
  8. Love your bunny , what a beautiful stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandy: I like your finish and the egg color change much better, no offense to the designer.
    Let Freedom Ring, what a lovely design.
    I hope you have a wonderful week.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I felt the eggs needed a little pop of color to bring it to life.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy