Monday, March 29, 2021

Stitching: In the Hoop

I must title this one "in the hoop" because I have a lot "for me" things in the hoop and no small finishes. I have spent a good bit of time outdoors still, but the weather is springy yet not too warm yet, so outdoor chores and time in the fresh air is calling. I have either walked or worked until I am pretty tired each evening.

I have done no smalls this month even though I have several ornaments and a few other smalls calling my name too, but the little stitching time I have done has been between the larger pieces. I did all the water on the heron. I only have the water lilies to do and then it create the bird time. I actually think that will go faster in places than the lilies have gone. Either way, I have enjoyed stitching it so much.



I did come across an Instagram post of a finished one that is framed beautifully. I follow a hashtag for the pattern company of the heron and all of the birds I did the last two years. This framed beauty popped up and all I could say was, "Wow!" I saved the picture and the company she used to get the mats. She sent off for that and then had it framed locally according to her post. I think I could make it work even though I miscalculated on the sides. I think there would be enough to be covered by a mat and I could stitch some fabric to extend it for the frame. It is all to be seen when it is completed which won't be anytime too soon.

From Instagram



I did work a bit more on Let Freedom Ring. I think I am going to give it a weekend day from this point forward to stitch on it. I will share more when I have something really worth showing.

And then a very odd "for me" occurrence happened. I started a new sampler. What was I thinking? I don't like too many large pieces going at one time. That makes me a little crazy, but I had ordered it and I just couldn't wait to start it. 


When I was at my Aunt Faye's house a couple of weeks ago, I happened to notice a stitch I did for Mother to give her decades ago. I would say I stitched it in the mid 1980s. She still has it hanging in her home.



I have so many stitches I want to do, so there is never a lack of ideas going around in my head, but I don't want to obsess over anything, so slow we will go.

Turtle speed; not hare speed,

Sandy

8 comments:

  1. What a kind and thoughtful stitch that you did back in the 80's! I like how the water lilies are coming along. I look forward to seeing the completed Let Freedom Ring. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stitching is so classic, so tidy, so sophisticated. I love it. Some day the patience for cross stitching will come to me but that day is not here yet.

    Love all that you have shared with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That heron project is really beautiful! I will look forward to your progress on it! I am still amazed at the patience and talent it takes to accomplish counted cross stitch! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am on the Struggle Bus too Sandy. I ordered two of the Beggars Nights charts...July 4th and Christmas. And I ordered a big piece of material to start Country Church Yard( Joy to the World) by Praiseworthy Stitches. I have lost my mind.lol Then I spent today working on a Christmas Sled Ornament done on Perforated Paper. I love all your nature stitches...they are so intricate. I still enjoy looking at some of the old cross stitches I have done. They usually bring back memories of what was going on when I stitched a particular piece. I am going to be so envious of Let Freedom Ring. It is just amazing and will look great in your home when it is complete. Thanks for the beautiful Easter card....I have not purchased a single one this year. Seems Easter is slipping up on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been all over the map this past month. I really want the heron done and I have a egret to do with her, but I am not rushed on it. I know it will take a ton of time, but other than that...well, my mind has been all over the place. The thing about one like Let Freedom Ring is that you have to just get it in your noggin that it will take a long time. Not sure I realized that when I started it. Then having more than one huge piece is probably what has me frazzled. I do good to leave them all in the sewing room and bring one out to the living room to work on for a few days.

      Delete
  5. Sandy, You accomplish so much at Hare speed!! The Heron is one amazing stitch. I can't wait to see the Herons arrive back here, they are just so stunning and that piece certainly does them justice. I love the Beth Twist deer...I wish I had the ability to do such intricate stitches. Enjoy the stitching, it's not a race!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sandy, you have made awesome progress on the Heron. The finished piece you saw on IG is gorgeous. Seeing pieces finished that I am working on is so motivating and/or inspiring. Your Heartstring Samplery start is lovely. I don't remember seeing that one, so will check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sandy: What a lovely saying, it is a lovely design from the eighties.
    Your Heron is going to be beautiful, I am looking forward to seeing it finished and framed, the mat is very pretty on the photo you found.
    Thirsty Hart is so pretty.
    Have a very stitchy week

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy