Friday, August 13, 2021

A Little Update from Here

 I have honestly been too tired to string a sentence together, but I got a much needed reprieve yesterday from my as of late goings on and I feel so much better today.

I will soon have a finished stitch to share. I have two more rows of the Lord's Prayer to stitch and a wee bit of outlining on some letters and a little bit of one corner. The finish is so close I can taste it and want to keep at it. I am going to wait until I have totally finished it and ironed it to share. 



This little guy runs hard and then rests hard. We were up early watering my flowers to avoid the intense heat that is now here with August. I am quite surprised he is not wet. I guess he got busy with something else and forgot to go for a swim. Thank goodness!

Now, for a little life update. 

Palmer was three weeks old on Wednesday. He is changing everyday. He is such a good baby. That has been such a blessing in all of the otherwise hard days for Lindsay. I want to thank each of you for your prayers. I have a feeling deep down in my heart that all will be well and such peace that could only come from the Lord. 



I knew going in that her emotions would be tough on her and I couldn't remember but Jeff said he thought they lasted 3 weeks last time. She is pulling out of that and have seen some smiles and life coming back into her in the last two days.

Her status on the other in just a minute since I will finish on that since some may not want to read all that.



My days are filled with:

Seeing about Mother who finished her round of antibiotics yesterday. Mother and antibiotics are almost as bad as the sickness that gets her on them. She has always had chronic sinus infections (she has even had surgeries) and now we are adding ear infections. They wear her down and then she can't take antibiotics because they upset her stomach and make her nauseous. Zofran -almost always with them. 

I have been trying desperately to get her some nourishment down each day, so I go over to make sure she eats a couple of times a day. She gets so weak and she is so little anyway. When Mother goes to the doctor and gets on the scale she is leaving on layers so they won't notice the drop in weight. Yea, the rest of us are thinking about what we can shed before we step on that scale!

I pick up Tucker and take him home to Destin and visit with Lindsay and Palmer. I look around at what I can do while I am there. Fold a load of clothes or wash a few dishes. Jeff and I both have tried to cook for Mom and Lindsay. Truly couldn't do it without him. He is the greatest. I am not good with Mama sometimes. She can drive me to the end of the cliff. Jeff is so patient with her.

Now to kinda whine about my long commute each day. Living where we do there are two things that make drives longer...a beautiful bay and an Air Force Base. As the crow flies, places are so close but when you have to navigate around the other ---well, let's just say I have spent a LOT of my time in a truck. 

The upside to all that very LONG driving IS that it is around a bay and my views are very pretty. I mean really pretty. I am not driving through ugly, so I have tried to make the times when I am by myself times to pray and just be quiet. Now, there is no quiet when Tucker is in the truck. I asked him the other day if he got tired of talking. Yes or no would suffice, but that is not Tucker's way. He utilizes the most words possible for someone who is not even 3 yet. A typical answer would be, "No, Mimi, I don't get tired of talking."

Mother drives with me sometimes so that means there is absolutely no quiet because Tucker gets the talking from her. Of course, she has no one to talk to so she gets in my truck and just starts her motor. It can be about nothing, but she talks constantly. I got so amused the other day because they were talking over each other and she said he talked so much. I just smiled to myself.

So, that is what I have been up to. Being the quiet introvert that I am I need a few of those days to be just me driving home on the island to recoup.

Now, to end my long ramble, Lindsay said on the same morning she had to see her regular doctor for the 3 week check in that that morning she felt as if she actually got to the potty for some of her pee:) The doctor still feels confident that it is going to heal on its own. All of the people she has hunted down have said her case is most severe and that it can heal, so THAT IS WHAT I AM PRAYING FOR.

She has an appointment to start some physical therapy other than just Kegals on Monday. I have no idea what that entails but hey if they can help - all for it. 

She is going to keep her November appointment in Pensacola with a urologist gynecologist since they most likely wouldn't do anything until she had gone that long anyway. 

Her mother-in-law remembered a cousin's daughter was a physician in gynecology and it just so happens she had done some of her training with a doctor in this relatively new field. She did talk to Lindsay and provided some comfort. That coupled with her hormones are starting to settle down has Lindsay seeming more normal.

All that to be said, I think she took a look at me and noticed that I was ragged and let me stay home yesterday. I didn't even go to see about Mama. I called and made sure she had food. I laid around all day yesterday and feel so much more energized, so back to my routine today.

The days will get better when Lindsay regains her strength and emotions are in check. Mother - well I know at her age that things will not always be better. I have to keep her spirits up which means I have to prioritize things. AT this point, that is family family and family. 

I can do this...

Sandy

A few more pics... They had an open house at the daycare last Saturday. It was the first outing that Lindsay has had and she managed to get her hair done and smile. IT was a big start to feeling better about things.

This picture is just so good. Tucker got a good report. I think hearing good words about Tucker helped her mood as well. 

Or course, what little boy doesn't love a firetruck. 

Blessings....I get to keep these kids and see them everyday. IT is not lost on me one bit. 

13 comments:

  1. Can't get over that Palmer is 3 weeks. Continued prayers for Lindsay and her precious family, prayers for your Mother, and prayers for you, Sandy. Have a wonderful Friday the 13th and Happy World Cross Stitch Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers continue
    It is good you get your rest. Silence when driving can be calming, but a little voice tells the heart all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you got a day off....you needed it. I am up early this morning as Marvin's Sciatica is raging and I have the chores to do plus mow the yard today. I am thinking I will wait until later in the day when it cools down some. I am reminding myself to go to the Lord with my cares and lean on him as I am pretty wobbly in my own strength these days. So glad Lindsay is doing better. She looks beautiful in the day care photo. Praying for better days for all your folks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the update on the family. I am praying that Lindsay will get the right help from the uro-gyn. I had a very excellent one down here that performed three different surgeries on me over the past 15 or so years, I forget. She was a God-send for me. Praying for your strength...you must take care of YOU during all of this. Perhaps your mother could use a companion who checks in on her occasionally and does little things for her to give you a break. I've been there and done all of that too, with both my parents and my MIL. It can definitely wear you out...so please take care of yourself or you will be the one needing help. May the Lord give you strength and good health, and REST. You are a very good mother, grandmother, and daughter and wife. But truly, you need to be kind to yourself as well. Take care my friend. I'll be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Through it all, I can see so many blessings for you and all. Thank you for catching us up, for sharing some wonderful photos, and for letting us know that our prayers are being heard!! You take care, too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. How big Tucker suddenly looks against the newborn. Do remember some self care. You're doing so much for everyone around you. The child care alone is tiring, and add in the mom care..so funny both of them talking nonstop together! What age is Mom now? I've lost track. She has a caring family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother is 86 and a half now. I would always say she bounced back after being sick, but since last summer's shingles battle I think she has really lost a lot of strength. IT was quite funny to hear them trying to talk over each other. I had to smile to myself. My mom said the same thing about Tucker in size to Palmer. We have thought Tucker seemed so small but now he looks so grown up.

      Delete
  7. My mother died at sixty…I lived in her hospital room the 90 days and nights…I was 45…I would give anything to see her smile…she has been gone a long time…prayers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I see a comment from Arlene…miss u. Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sandy: Time truly does fly by, three weeks already, it seems I just looked at your Blog with Palmer in the hospital on delivery day.
    He is a very long baby, Mom and Dad must be tall.
    Tucker looks like the proudest brother in the world.
    I am so happy to hear that Lindsey is feeling better, just a little better is an improvement.
    I will keep her and all of you in our daily Prayers.
    When Mike had third degree burns on his right hand they said make sure you get protein, he still drinks protein drinks while working out in the gym, maybe this is something you could give your Mother, it may help with her weight loss and put a little muscle into her body, just an idea.
    I hope you are doing okay, it is hard being a care giver, it wore me down but was worth the time I spent with my Mother.
    Your baby on the sofa is adorable, Mikey and Krissy's send hugs to Gus.


    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to read your update! What adorable little boys Tucker and Palmer are. Love the pictures! And boy, your hands sure ARE full. Even with the challenge of it all, though, your good spirit comes through, so take heart. You're a good mama AND daughter. :hugs:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, my goodness... you certainly do have your hands full, Sandy! I love the family photo of the four of them and you sure can tell that Palmer and Tucker are brothers--such darling little ones. I'm keeping your mom and Lindsay in my prayers--you are really being pulled in so many directions, Sandy, so you are there in my prayers as well. Do take good care of yourself and give yourself some down time ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Palmer looks so much like Tucker! All 4 of them are good-looking people. I know you are so proud of them.

    You are quite a trooper -- such a wonderful helper. It's no wonder you have been so tired. It won't always be like this, and you know it. You are doing the most helpful things for your family.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy