Thursday, August 5, 2021

Stitching Post: A New Start

 What does one do when things are busy? Why a new start of course!

The girl who hates having too many projects going started a new one. I just couldn't see myself concentrating on either of my two large projects: the heron and the patriotic piece, so I looked around for some easy COMFORT stitching. 

Yes, I have ornaments that need to be done but that would have required thought to choose. I had this kit that I ordered from eBay a while back. It just seemed to say, "I will bring comfort to you."

Stitching is very relaxing for me and this stitch is filling the need of just easy stitching.

I am probably going to finish it before I move on to anything else. I think by that time things will settle down and I can have my ornament for Palmer planned and can pick back up my heron, but for now this vine and flower border with the comforting prayer that I love so much will keep me company in the evenings.

I just recently heard a message on prayer and made me love this prayer so much more.



That is all I have for now other than asking for continued prayers for Lindsay. Her emotions are so much better but the bladder issue is not. I am praying that it will heal on its own.

He doth provide,

Sandy

10 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! That's what I should do, start a project just for the joy of it. I'm keeping Lindsay and everyone in my prayers! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to text you to see how she is doing. I suggest she see a urologist at this point. Blessings. And I love your start!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the update on your dear Lindsay. Prayers will continue. I love your new project and can understand how it brings you comfort! Can't wait to see it finished! Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely piece you started, Sandy. I am glad that Lindsay's emotions are doing better; will continue to pray for her body to continue to heal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitch is beautiful and glad you picked up a comfort stitch. I will keep Lindsay in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, a fully understand your need for comfort stitching now and then, Sandy. That is when I turn to my Prairie Schooler pieces :) Your choice is simply lovely and I look forward to seeing it all finished up. I will continue to keep your sweet daughter in my prayers. Take care now ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for Lindsay, that the bladder issue will heal on its own and that she will feel the Lord's comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy: Beautiful stitch and design, I love the end of the Lords Prayer, it says it all Forever Amen.
    I have Lindsey and all of you in our daily Prayers.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love that beautiful stitching...The Lord's Prayer is a perfect way to relax and find peace while working. And the flowered border is so delicate and pretty. I love it! Yes, that would be a lovely way to relax. Glad to hear that Lindsay is improving, and we will continue to pray for complete healing. In His Time...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That stitch is going to be beautiful when finished. The curlicues don't look simple to me, but I'll trust you that it is. ;^) I love the term comfort stitching!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy