Monday, August 2, 2021

Tucker

 


I shared a picture on the last post of Tucker with his Harbor Docks stickers and said there was a story. 

Tucker is crazy about Palmer and will be a great big brother, but he is doing what 2 year olds do. That is have some little crazy moments. 



Now, these are just a part of life but have done Tyler in. Tyler had promised Tucker a trip to Harbor Docks for lunch...just the two of them. He was trying to get him out of the house and pay attention to him. However, Tucker was tired and upon arriving at the restaurant had a meltdown.  They had no longer sat down  and ordered the water that Tucker let it all out. Tyler got so embarrassed that he gave the waitress and tip and proceeded to leave.

They were headed to the truck and then Tucker was crying that he hadn't had his fish:)

Tyler proceeds to go back into the bar and order a to go and thought he would wait outside. 

The manager sees him and has seen enough to know that these regular guests are minus the pregnant mama and catches up to ask how it going. Tyler explains that the new baby is here and he was trying to take Tucker to his favorite place. 

The manager takes him to the big banquet room downstairs. He gives Tyler the controls to the TV where Tyler puts on Toy Story and it even comes out in the big speakers. They bring the sushi rolls downstairs where the guest of honor has his own room complete with movie.

The day was saved.


I have tried to remind Lindsay this is all normal. Tucker and Palmer have the exact same age difference as Lindsay and Paul Allen. On my very first outing with Paul Allen, Lindsay had to be wrangled out of Network video under one arm like a sack of potatoes with Paul Allen in the other arm some moons ago. It was all because I suggested she get another movie other than Cinderella which she had seen 100 times. After my suggestion, nothing worked except heading for home so frazzled I thought I might never leave the house again.

Unfortunately that wasn't a lone incident.:) It is just part of life with more than one kiddo.

That smile above melts the heart. 

He fell asleep on the way home.

Another quick Tucker story...
He has refused to go to the barber shop for some time. He got that first haircut documented here and then decided it was a no go after that. Tyler has been trimming it while Lindsay holds him for sometime now. It was turning into a bowl.

While Lindsay was waiting for the arrival of Palmer, Jeff mentioned to Tucker that they should go and get a haircut. He said, "Ok!" Jeff didn't really think he would go through with it, but he did with the promise of ice cream. 




Jeff took a video of him while it was happening. He looked a bit unsure but he went through with it.

After leaving is another example of what happens with no nap. He has decided those are not happening. 


Jeff had to drive around for him to get some rest. Daycare has to be done some so he has some order to his life.
Lindsay had visions of them being home for her break much like our summer breaks when I was teaching, but for now I think he needs some routine.


He did get some ice cream which is what he calls a milkshake.

It can't all be about Palmer. More on him later.
Tucker will adjust. They all do.








21 comments:

  1. New parents will benefit from reading your post, good information there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless the restaurant owner! And how great to get that haircut done! Nothing is ever easy - I have come to that conclusion. But it is worth it. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AS the old saying goes, nothing good is ever easy. So true. I will definitely continue to support the restaurant.

      Delete
  3. It really is a challenge with little ones. They demand so much attention. But they will survive and learn along the way...the kids and parents! Love their sweet faces!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your telling of real life is charming. Don't those of us who are older just know this is how it goes and it's all within the chapter heading of Normal, with subtitles of Frustrating and Adorable. Thanks for sharing. Keeping all of you in prayer as healing and recovery happen from the big event.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Normal, frustrating, and adorable ---YES!!!

      Delete
  5. Oh those early day with two close in age. I remember them well. What a lovely man to make lunch special for Tucker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was very special and not to be forgotten by me.

      Delete
  6. I love the dad who understands that the big baby needs special attention, like the little one. This will work.

    All kids have meltdowns. It takes another parent to understand and not embarrass the parents further!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I am sorry I didn't see your comment. It gets lost in the comments on the blog. I have been so busy I forget to check there.

      Delete
  7. Well done on the manager at Harbor Docks! He would definitely get my business if I lived nearby. The joys of having 2 and while Tucker loves his little brother, there are going to be many times in the coming days and months that Tucker is going to make life a bit more interesting. I think continuing him in daycare is good for his routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I definitely think Tucker needs daycare for now. He is not having to stay all day but those few hours keeps him learning and busy and helps Lindsay have some much needed rest. Yes, I will praise Harbor Docks for those actions. They and one other business out there are long time restaurants locally owned and very family friendly.

      Delete
  8. How good that you can provide perspective. The hard (even if short-lived) moments can make a parent question so much, I have valued many older women's thoughts over the years - they gave much needed perspective on marriage and childrearing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness. We could all write books about adventures with kids.

      Delete
  9. Sandy: You are one lucky Grandmother.
    What a sweet face and such a cute haircut.
    He is so adorable, I love that his Father had to drive around for a while so he could nap, oh so sweet.

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do love that I am close enough that I can see them as much as I do and help out. It is indeed a blessing.

      Delete
  10. What a wonderful story at that restaurant! Those people deserve a huge tip and high recommendations! Love these pictures and the story that goes along with it all. Most of us have been there back in the day...My oldest baby will be 50 this month, and he was 18 months old when his baby brother arrived. I honestly don't remember much about it...I think they got along okay, but I was too tired to think much about it I guess. But again, that was a very long time ago. Tucker is being very normal, and he is blessed to have you all to help him adjust.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we often put the bad out of our minds when the kids are little or we are just going through life the best we can. Although I do distinctly remember Lindsay showing out in Network Video all those years ago. I was sure I would never go out again, but alas I did. I actually have fond memories of Saturday morning grocery shopping with them.

      Delete
  11. Oh My Gosh...I missed your post about new baby!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I must go read to catch up on all the news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The restaurant manager was so sweet! I totally remember the tantrum stage and we are already experiencing it with Baby B. It is so hard to grow up and not understand why they can't have everything they ask for or to suddenly share mommy and daddy with another little one or to be able to verbalize what is really bothering them. I know you'll give Tucker lots of one-on-one love as he adjusts to his new little brother ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember the frustrations, but they do pass don't they? Tucker thrives on routines, so for now I think going to daycare for instruction and then his nap will be good for him. Then Mommy will be rested enough to pay attention to him.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy