Tuesday, December 6, 2016

A Few Things on My Mind

Yesterday's rain tried to make up for the lack of rain we didn't have this fall. It was gloomy all day, but just what I needed. A day inside to kind of put myself back together. I even pulled out some meat to make chili last night. Hubby came in and did it for me. Yes, just what I needed.

I actually sat down last evening and stitched on my cardinals that I had hoped to be done with by now. I think I can finish this one if I have a few more good evenings.



I am pretty sure I am not going to frame it. Two reasons have led me there. It has some red beads that can be added for finish, and it would only be displayed at Christmas. I have a couple of ideas floating around for finishing.

I am not sure I will finish all the trifles that I was doing, but maybe. I will work right up to Christmas on them as they don't need framing either.


I managed to find time in the craziness last week to read Fannie Flagg's newest book, The Whole Town's Talking. Before I recommend, I preface it with she is one of my favorite authors.

I loved it. You will meet all your favorite characters from Welcome to World, Baby Girl!, Standing in the Rainbow (my favorite), and Can't Wait to Get to Heaven. It was a quick and easy read, so that is one reason I was able to get it read amidst the craziness of last week. You will travel back to the town of Elmswood to the founding and go through time with snippets of information about the characters and the wonderful town they love. You will see change whether considered good or bad that has happened to small town America.

Even if you haven't read the above mentioned books, I think if you grew up in a small town you can appreciate the story.


I have the house decorated. I did very little different this year. Last year I chose to go a little simpler and I loved it. I made a list of all the things I really liked and didn't like. I pulled it out to remind me and went from there.

I have done a few things different, so I will share them later in the week. I only bought one thing this year. Proud of myself. I will show you later.

Hubby has me running every evening except last night, but I am almost done with my Christmas shopping. Hip Hip Hooray!



I am so enjoying my tree this year. You know...the tree is the most wonderful thing about Christmas decorations along with the Nativity. We make so much to do about all the other stuff which I love too, but if we get the tree up, we should feel good. I think that is what I remember most about past Christmases.



I actually have a whole lot of other stuff floating around in this head of mine, but I have to stop and get ready to volunteer at church, so I will let it go for now.

Trying hard to enjoy the simple life,
Sandy




2 comments:

  1. Those cardinals are just beautiful Sandy!! Like you , I had some things floating around in my head so I did an extra post this afternoon. I had a day at home today and it was such a blessing to just clean and piddle and do a little stitching. I am getting ready to go and make a breakfast pizza for supper. I only got half of my house cleaned...maybe I will finish tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good when we slow down enough to think. I am steaming ahead on the cardinals. I stopped cleaning today to make a little progress on them, but I gotta stop for getting supper ready now.

      Delete

I am so glad you stopped by my little blog. Drop in again anytime.
Sincerely,
Sandy